Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #13682  by RangeRat

@ Walmart, they have "Disposable Grill Toppers" which are the perfect sized screen for attaching to the bottom of a 5 gal bucket. They're open enough to let even coarse media fall through.

$4 for 3 12" x 16" screens.

2b found in the grillz area
 #13690  by stephpd

Many use a pasta strainer. Available at most dollar stores. ;)
 #13700  by RangeRat

I tried strainers and other things and the high walls of the bucket allow you to aggressively agitate the brass, while keeping it contained to your shaker and media catcher (another bucket).
 #13900  by John

Any mesh with holes smaller than the case diameter but larger than the media held over a reservoir can serve as a separator. Get creative! #4 steel mesh works great. #4 dictates that there are 4 holes per inch, meaning that the holes are a tad smaller than 1/4 inch square.

#13926  by Tony T

Hmmm.

Two drywall buckets. One to catch the media. One to act as a strainer.

Just take a 1/4" drill bit and drill the inner bucket with a few hundred holes. Nest the buckets, dump in the media, and rotate the inner bucket with your wrist to generate centrifugal force.

Cheap. No chance of spills. And would last an incredibly long time. And they could store your media too, just replace the lid and shove 'em under a bench.
 #13932  by radnor

JohnK wrote:Any mesh with holes smaller than the case diameter but larger than the media held over a reservoir can serve as a separator. Get creative! #4 steel mesh works great. #4 dictates that there are 4 holes per inch, meaning that the holes are a tad smaller than 1/4 inch square.

I used this screen too. I used the BOTTOM of the bucket as a guide to draw a circle in perf board. Cut a square hole out of most of the perf board. Stapled this to the bottom. It goes in about 6 inches into the bucket. Works GREAT!

http://www.deloc.org/deloc/forums/viewt ... f=26&t=385 for pics.

Back to reloadin. 700 done, 300 to go 45ACP.