Discuss handloading, reloading and presses here.
 #97546  by flaminyon

Erased.
Last edited by flaminyon on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #97550  by stephpd

flaminyon wrote:
My original intent was to get opinions from 10mm reloaders about the Glock 29's performance with full power loads. That really didn't happen, but I thank each and every one of you for replying.
Actually I think it was.

What you are considering 'full loads' or 'hot' would be classified by many as excessively charged loads that isn't doing you or your gun any good. When you load in excess of posted loads you put yourself and everyone else around you at risk.

You should be reloading for accuracy with the gun. Not to the limit of the gun to get that last 100fps out of it before it blows up in your hand.
 #97551  by Surface Dragon

Aren't full house 10mm rounds for bear/boar hunting rather than personal defense?

Wouldn't they excessively over-penetrate a soft target like an un-armored human torso?

Wouldn't they have excessive recoil that negatively affects your ability to make follow up shots?

And wouldn't the short barrel of the Glock 29 exacerbate the recoil problem?
 #97558  by harr2969

Flaminyon, the types of questions the dragon is pointing out I would expect to hear from a trial lawyer who is (God forbid) trying you for defending yourself and you 'should have known these things' and you come off like a vigilante who went looking for a fight. If you're aware of (as mentioned) Mas's reasons for not using hand loads, how do you defend ignoring such seasoned advice? I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I want to legitimately know how you defend your actions, for your own sake, and on behalf of careful and conscientious gun owners because you reflect on all of us.
 #97569  by Owen

From a reloading perspective I stick with target loads so I can't help too much with higher power questing. I reload to get a cheap accurate round. So I will skimp a bit and get less power.

Personally, in a SHTF situation I'd use what I make only after the factory ammo is all spent. But I bet I'd have transitioned from pistol to rifle a long time before I ran out of factory pistol ammo.
 #97579  by flaminyon

Erased.
Last edited by flaminyon on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #97583  by Surface Dragon

flaminyon wrote: Does anyone here actually reload 10mm Auto?
I do not reload 10mm auto ammo and I apologize for giving you a hard time about your wanting to use 10mm as your EDC. I personally think its a bad idea to use 10mm ammo for personal defense and I would suggest using 9mm instead for numerous reasons but you are welcome to do what you want.

I was kind of hoping that you would get so upset about it that you would ask me to a 10mm vs. 9mm Glock throwdown where we could settle the dispute once and for all.

You also said that you are not licensed to carry concealed. May I ask - Do you open carry? And if not, why?(please don't feel obligated to answer if these questions make you uncomfortable in any way.)

I personally believe if I can carry I will for the protection of myself and those I care about. Your life and the lives of those you care about are the most valuable things there are.
 #97595  by Kuntryboy816

As Owen mentioned, there is one person who reloads 10mm and if it's the same person as I think he's talking about then I will send you his name via PM (not wanting to put everyone's business out here). I carry/shoot .40 and I do not have any experience yet with reloading so unfortunately this is the limit of my help.
 #97597  by Owen

Kuntryboy816 wrote:As Owen mentioned, there is one person who reloads 10mm and if it's the same person as I think he's talking about then I will send you his name via PM (not wanting to put everyone's business out here). I carry/shoot .40 and I do not have any experience yet with reloading so unfortunately this is the limit of my help.
Along those same lines I sent an email. If he's interested I'm sure he'll get back to you flaminyon.
 #97611  by flaminyon

Erased.
Last edited by flaminyon on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.