Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #75819  by schmenge

Here's a question for M1 shooters. I was shooting mine this weekend. I fired 24 rounds and the first 3 clips ejected normally, but the next 2 clips didn't eject. They were easy to remove, they weren't stuck, they were just sitting there and easy to remove. The weapon wasn't dirty or fouled in any way that I could see. I field stripped it today, everything seems to be in working order. Any ideas?
 #75823  by myopicvisionary

Do a thorough cleaning of the action. Mark all of your enbloc clips and test all of them. This will eliminate any simple causes first. Question, what ammo are you using?
 #75856  by schmenge

Thanks for the responses. The spring appears to be in good shape, the rifle was clean when I started shooting so I don't think there should be an issue with fouling. The ammo is 64 and 66 Greek M2 ball, good stuff.

I don't see and difference in the clips that ejected and the ones that didn't, but next time I shoot I'll mark any that don't eject.

Whatever is going on isn't a show stopper. It's still a lot of fun to shoot. Damn, she's accurate too!
 #75871  by myopicvisionary

The Greek XHP ammunition is indeed good to go. Some people have reported trouble with the Greek enbloc clips though. Just like magazines, mark all of your clips. If one starts to cause problems, destroy it.