Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #89701  by Mr.Skellington

radnor wrote:
Owen wrote: Image
http://www.amazon.com/Surefire-EPS-Soni ... 004XPJKMM/

Anyone have experience with these or other suggestions?
It was $120 to have the baffle removed from my ear when the baffle and stem came off the black (your photo) loop. Tried the local fire station. Paramedics there did not have hemostats to remove it (REALLY - WTF?!?). Went to the EMA unit to get it removed.
SigGirl wrote:I use those (without the cord) and I love them! I think they're comfortable too and I don't have a problem hearing people either. I can't wear the muffs, they're uncomfortable with my shooting glasses. I also like the convenience of them, I can pop them out and put them in their case and right into my pocket.
Agree with you 100% until the above.

So, no thanks.

No hemostats? WTF! :lol:

Where was your pair of hemostats, tweezers or needle nose pliers? Shame you didn't save yourself $120 by posting here first :lol:
 #89722  by mdak06

Dr. Eastwood wrote:
radnor wrote: It was $120 to have the baffle removed from my ear when the baffle and stem came off the black (your photo) loop. Tried the local fire station. Paramedics there did not have hemostats to remove it (REALLY - WTF?!?). Went to the EMA unit to get it removed.
Did you get actual NCC Paramedics or were you bugging a BLS crew to do it? Going to a fire station for a non-emergency medical aid is a waste of resources, and then cursing them for not having certain equipment (that a BLS crew doesn't carry) doesn't make it any better.
Second this. Don't know how it works in NCC, but in Sussex the fire stations have EMTs (just BLS) and the paramedics are at separate locations.
 #89869  by Dr. Eastwood

mdak06 wrote:
Dr. Eastwood wrote:
radnor wrote: It was $120 to have the baffle removed from my ear when the baffle and stem came off the black (your photo) loop. Tried the local fire station. Paramedics there did not have hemostats to remove it (REALLY - WTF?!?). Went to the EMA unit to get it removed.
Did you get actual NCC Paramedics or were you bugging a BLS crew to do it? Going to a fire station for a non-emergency medical aid is a waste of resources, and then cursing them for not having certain equipment (that a BLS crew doesn't carry) doesn't make it any better.
Second this. Don't know how it works in NCC, but in Sussex the fire stations have EMTs (just BLS) and the paramedics are at separate locations.
http://ems.nccde.org/home/webpage19.asp

There's a handful of NCC ALS units stationed at fire companies, but they operate as chase units and do not respond as providers on BLS units from the stations.