Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #90773  by myopicvisionary

You can surely do whatever you like. Ill stick to my ammo designed to kill a person, you can go buy rubber rounds. You are starting to sound like congress here.. "you CAN defend yourself, but not with this, or this, or that."
The factory ammunition that I carry in my Kimber .45ACP is Hornady 230gr. JHP(+P). For my Ruger LCR, I use Speer .38 Special (+P) Gold Dot Short Barrel 135gr, JHP. I don't know where you construed that I would use rubber bullets in my carry firearms. And comparing me to Congress.... I don't know how to respond to that. I never said what ammunition you can or can't use. I only said how in court, small details that are irrelevant to the legality of the shooting in self defense HAS worked against the person who had to pull the trigger.
 #90781  by spillanej

Guard_Duck wrote:
spillanej wrote: You can surely do whatever you like. Ill stick to my ammo designed to kill a person, you can go buy rubber rounds. You are starting to sound like congress here.. "you CAN defend yourself, but not with this, or this, or that."

My two cents.

I hope you never have to use a firearm in a self defense situation, they will have a field day with you. They'll will drag up this statement, and use it to prove motive, that you wanted to kill someone. They'll bury you under the jail.

You don't use a firearm in self defense to kill someone, you use it to stop the threat to your life.
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Anyone who doesnt understand that to its fullest meaning is a victim in waiting.
 #90782  by spillanej

myopicvisionary wrote:
You can surely do whatever you like. Ill stick to my ammo designed to kill a person, you can go buy rubber rounds. You are starting to sound like congress here.. "you CAN defend yourself, but not with this, or this, or that."
The factory ammunition that I carry in my Kimber .45ACP is Hornady 230gr. JHP(+P). For my Ruger LCR, I use Speer .38 Special (+P) Gold Dot Short Barrel 135gr, JHP. I don't know where you construed that I would use rubber bullets in my carry firearms. And comparing me to Congress.... I don't know how to respond to that. I never said what ammunition you can or can't use. I only said how in court, small details that are irrelevant to the legality of the shooting in self defense HAS worked against the person who had to pull the trigger.
Yeah public defenders do suck at showing that all bullets are lethal. Sorry to compare you to congress... that was uncalled for lol.
 #90831  by MrCoolDale

I've been looking into getting an FN FiveseveN as well, because they just seem like a joy to shoot. It probably wouldn't be my EDC, but it'd certainly go to the range with me. Those pistols in all black are just too damn sexy.

Now, if only I knew someone that would want to trade for a Browning Citori...
 #90832  by bmel17

MrCoolDale wrote:I've been looking into getting an FN FiveseveN as well, because they just seem like a joy to shoot. It probably wouldn't be my EDC, but it'd certainly go to the range with me. Those pistols in all black are just too damn sexy.

Now, if only I knew someone that would want to trade for a Browning Citori...

WTH?! isn't this the one you just got?? *Sorry off topic*
 #90833  by MrCoolDale

While I have recently acquired this one, it isn't the one I take to the fields. I have a habit of acquiring multiples of the firearms I own. In this case, I'd like to trade this particular citori for a Five-seveN and some ammo. If you know anybody interested, the shotgun is in a kick-ass case that's worth more than half the shotguns most people own!

addendum: Now that I think about it, I may post a for sale/trade ad on the forums.
 #90838  by bmel17

MrCoolDale wrote:While I have recently acquired this one, it isn't the one I take to the fields. I have a habit of acquiring multiples of the firearms I own. In this case, I'd like to trade this particular citori for a Five-seveN and some ammo. If you know anybody interested, the shotgun is in a kick-ass case that's worth more than half the shotguns most people own!

addendum: Now that I think about it, I may post a for sale/trade ad on the forums.
Ok, I thought this was the one you were looking to keep as a heirloom.