Semi-automatics, revolvers, long guns... ask questions and offer tips on safe, accurate shooting here.
 #94738  by myopicvisionary

Grabbing a slide is much easier that trying to hit a small button in a fight for your life. The slide provides you with leverage to control the direction of the muzzle.
 #94742  by spillanej

myopicvisionary wrote:Grabbing a slide is much easier that trying to hit a small button in a fight for your life. The slide provides you with leverage to control the direction of the muzzle.
The actual method is to grab just behind the breech and palm the button. Definitely not a technique I'd recommend for defensive fighting. It's more of a tactical maneuver that does require a CRAP ton of hand to hand experience in real world scenarios.
 #94756  by TexasJay

Owen wrote:
TexasJay wrote:^^^But how many brownings are really used to commit violent crime? I honestly see that during the small likely hood that I'm ever attacked with a handgun, it will more likely be a S&W SDVE or other ghetto-fied stryker fired weapon equipped with home-boi nite sites. Home bois are mounted on the side of the slide instead of the top. Take your usual one handed aiming stance and rotate your gat 45 degrees and you'll see why the home bois are necessary additions if you're trying to shoot out of a moving car or over a crack house fence.
A good suggestion for another youtube video! :troll:
How to shoot over crack house fences?
 #94758  by brich2929

DP21 wrote:Seen this on one of the outdoor channel shows both the auto and revolver. With the revolver they said if you grab the cylinder tight it can't rotate and bring the hammer back

But if the hammer is already cocked, you will sustain severe finger/hand injury.

I guess that is an acceptable price if you are in a life threatening situation. Beats dying.