Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #106036  by cmath

Hey all, got a question for you all. I've got an xds in 45 and love it! I'm looking to get a crossbreed holster for sure, already set on brand. But my question is this, which should I get? The supertuck or the minituck? Not sure wich one would fit me better. Maybe one of you has this setup and could chime in. Im about 230-240lbs and wear a 38waist. I read that the mini was better suited for smaller framed individuals, not sure if that's true or not. As I am not a small framed person in not sure if the mini would be for me. I want to make the best, and right decision and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 #106038  by steve

The idea behind the mini is supposed to be that you don't need all as much leather backing for a smaller gun which would reduce the weight. It also already comes with a cut that makes accessing a smaller firearm easier. If you choose the supertuck anyway I would recommend the combat cut which costs a bit extra.

I have a mini for my Kahr CM9 and Kimber Micro Cary and they both turned out well
 #106074  by dave_in_delaware

I'm 6'-0" tall and about 225. I carry my XD-9 sub-compact in a Crossbreed SuperTuck w/ adjustable cant. I have no real complaints about the holster. Customer service is excellent, too, if something should break.

One design "flaw" I noticed is that I would like less leather backing on mine. The one edge is permanently curled up from me sitting down. But I guess that's what the mini Tuck is for.
 #106079  by cmath

Thanks for the input. My minituck arrived about An hour ago. What an excellent holster! It really does "dissapear" and even right away is quite comfortable. I still have a bit befor my ccdw arrives in the mail box. But I wanted to get comfortable and familiar with the holster around my house and give it some time to break-in prior to recieveing my ccdw and "using" it. But so far the mini paired with a hanks ccw belt is a great combination in my opinion! Thanks again for the advise guys!
 #106516  by cmath

Just a little update in regards to the crossbreed mini tuck- I've been carring my xds and my g43 in a mini tuck and love it. Excellent holster, meets every expectation I had and then some. If anyone is on the fence, go crossbreed. Worth the price many times over.
 #106524  by Kuntryboy816

cmath wrote:Just a little update in regards to the crossbreed mini tuck- I've been carring my xds and my g43 in a mini tuck and love it. Excellent holster, meets every expectation I had and then some. If anyone is on the fence, go crossbreed. Worth the price many times over.
Good to hear! Until we get everything finished up and my wife gets her CCDW, I'm going to start carrying her M&P Shield in her Alien Gear holster to break it in some. It's almost new as I've only carried it a few times. I reckon it to the same way ya break in a new baseball glove. Lol... I'll post pictures later to show the difference.
 #106598  by cmath

Just a quick update on the minituck..it's been nicely broken in now and fits like a custom glove. Couldn't expect more from a IWB hybrid holster! I recieved my crossbreed single mag holster today aswell, and have been wearing it. Just like its brother, the minituck, it is saweet! Disappears, but very easy to unholster/holster spare mag. I was rocking a Kydex IWB mag holster for a while and it worked well, just very,very rigid and you KNEW it was there at all times. The leather backing on the crossbreed really cushions between your waist and belt, super comfortable. I'm really diggin crossbreeds products, and customer service is top-notch aswell!
 #107380  by cmath

Since the last post I made on this topic, I've gotten a few more products from crossbreed. A supertuck and a mag carrier both in horsehide along with a gun belt. The supertuck secures my Glock 19 very well and distributes the weight perfectly. The belt from them is fantastic! Brown double layer leather, about 1/4 inch thick. I was previously using a hanks Amish ccw belt and it worked pretty well but didn't secure the 19 as much as I would have liked. The crossbreed belt is a lot better, pretty stiff but not at all uncomfortable. It's compairable to my 1.75 inch 5.11 operator belt, but it's a lot more comfortable. Nothing but great experiences from this company.