Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #2340  by Wynder

Got some feedback today from Kevin:
hey im a fan of the site i live in DE and i work in LE. I am not a member of your site though so i was hoping i could use this to get ahold of you guys. i saw this hoslter on while suring on Glocktalk and thought it might really help some of you guys that oc. i always ccw due to leosa so i dont need it. i do not have this holster nor do i know any real facts about it besides it seems like a good idea for oc car carry. hope it helps

http://fastholster.com/applications.htm
 #2341  by dave_in_delaware

Hmmm....

How low is that holster installed exactly? If it's as low as it looks in the photo (closer to the floor than the seat is), it may be too low for any LEO to see it clearly past your legs or steering column. Which is just as bad as putting your gun in the center console.

By the photos, and the fact that I'd have to drill holes in my dash anyway, it looks like I'd be better off mounting a SERPA holster directly TO the top (or front) of the dashboard. Which is what I've been considering anyway....

Not to bust on the creators of that holster system... but does their "demonstration" holster look like it's been through a war?
 #2342  by Wynder

Looks like it's riveted/screwed into it and, considering the dash or passenger seat is a valid location, according to the AG, I'd say if it was mounted high enough to be on level with the seat, it might be good.

Still, you'd want to be certain it was in plain view.
 #2343  by dave_in_delaware

I don't mean to belittle the designers -

I do like the design concept for the mounting bracket for the positioning of the holster. It would allow for an easy grip and fast draw. It is a great idea.

Luckily most (if not all) of us wouldn't have to worry about the large hole drilled through the holster which allows a padlock to be deployed for security purposes. I'm guessing we'd take our gun out of the car holster and take it with us. Because while the padlock idea is a good one, it wouldn't take much for a thief to see the gun and rip the entire holster mount out of the car, and deal w/ the padlock later.

My only concern is the installation location to be 100% certain it's still "legal" here in Delaware.

Although it does give me a better idea for my vehicle....
 #2590  by dave_in_delaware

While driving around last night I glanced down and imagined where this holster would be installed in my minivan.... There's NO WAY it would be considered "open" and obvious if it was on my side, and there's no way I'd even be able to reach it if it was on the passenger's side. :shock: