Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #3255  by dave_in_delaware

I seriously need to either buy some sort of "carrier" for a spare mag, or tweak my design for a homemade one (and actually assemble it), because only having one mag w/ me (in the gun) worries me a little.

What do you guys use? Where'd you get it? Did you try a few before commiting to one?

Thanks.

(and yes, you heard right: I designed a mag holder and made it all by myself. You can read up on it here. Pictures included in entire thread.)
 #3258  by Wynder

I use the mag pouch that came with the XD. I also have a generic double-stack mag holder from Uncle Mike's to carry a third when I do matches.
 #3259  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:I use the mag pouch that came with the XD.
Yeah, well you know, some of us bought our XD's before the XD Gear came w/ the guns.... :roll:

Where'd you get your Uncle Mike's stuff?
 #3291  by myopicvisionary

Right now, I am just carrying spares in my pocket. I would like to find or make a low profile mag carrier that holds the mag horizontally on the belt.
 #3643  by radnor

Damn.... I want out the past several days with just 8 hollow points loaded... If I need more than 8, I think I'm in deep sh&%. I can always load it up. 14+1 of 45s
 #3964  by radnor

myopicvisionary wrote:Right now, I am just carrying spares in my pocket. I would like to find or make a low profile mag carrier that holds the mag horizontally on the belt.
Myop,

I tried to get this info for you. I saw a US Customs Agent w/ a DUAL mag carrier that was horiztonal. But was not going to ask him. Then in NYC Penn station I saw a cop with one. Approached him (carrying my bags) and he was backing off almost as fast as I approached. Did not know if he thought I was on the TWL or not, who knows.... He just blew me off and stood 50' away. Then another cop. But did not ask him. It looks as if there is a Chicago screw in the center where it could be vert or horiz.

I tried....