Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #47320  by GatorDude

bluedog46 wrote:
dave_in_delaware wrote:As far as I know, anyone can wear bullet proof clothing and vests if they want. I would recommend it if you live or travel to Killmington. That place is friggin crazy.

Just don't break the law while wearing it, because that'll be another charge they can hit you with (Title 11, Chapter 5, Subchapter VII, § 1449: Wearing body armor during commission of felony; class B felony.)
isnt law intresting? If you wear body armor during a felony its and extra felony, but if you dont have it on so the cops can easily kill you there is no charge, but you are dead.

Kind of like a charge of escaping from prison. Human nature is that someoen ( even guilty) would not want to be in prison hence the walls, bars, and guards. Seems like people should not escape so an additonal charge for the state not doing their job of keeping them in seems overkill.

I am not saying any of them are wrong just kind of ironic. Criminals belong in prison

Oh...I dunno...maybe they have these laws for the same reason it is a separate criminal offense to...ummmm...resist arrest or flee from police or evade police, etc.....

:roll:
 #47330  by bluedog46

GatorDude wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:
dave_in_delaware wrote:As far as I know, anyone can wear bullet proof clothing and vests if they want. I would recommend it if you live or travel to Killmington. That place is friggin crazy.

Just don't break the law while wearing it, because that'll be another charge they can hit you with (Title 11, Chapter 5, Subchapter VII, § 1449: Wearing body armor during commission of felony; class B felony.)
isnt law intresting? If you wear body armor during a felony its and extra felony, but if you dont have it on so the cops can easily kill you there is no charge, but you are dead.

Kind of like a charge of escaping from prison. Human nature is that someoen ( even guilty) would not want to be in prison hence the walls, bars, and guards. Seems like people should not escape so an additonal charge for the state not doing their job of keeping them in seems overkill.

I am not saying any of them are wrong just kind of ironic. Criminals belong in prison

Oh...I dunno...maybe they have these laws for the same reason it is a separate criminal offense to...ummmm...resist arrest or flee from police or evade police, etc.....

:roll:

yes its almost nature to want to flee from police not just hang out until they come to arrest you. We had a talk about this in college in a class and it was probably the whackiest discussion ever, but it was right before a holiday so itt was all good
 #47709  by Dr. Eastwood

That is why I couldn't commit a crime, because I'd never flee from the cops unless my life was at stake. I guess I was brought up the right way. :D
 #47722  by GatorDude

It is not against the law to "flee" from the police (i.e. leave the scene) before they even arrive...only after....when they issue you a command to stop, stay, halt, etc.

There are a couple of exceptions such as if there's a car accident, but otherwise you're free to leave.

Just sayin'.....
 #47885  by Dr. Eastwood

GatorDude wrote:It is not against the law to "flee" from the police (i.e. leave the scene) before they even arrive...only after....when they issue you a command to stop, stay, halt, etc.

There are a couple of exceptions such as if there's a car accident, but otherwise you're free to leave.

Just sayin'.....
Obviously I wouldn't stand around and wait for them to come!
 #47893  by bluedog46

GatorDude wrote:Bluedog would.... :D :lol:
i would look at cost benefit and make a decision on what to do
 #54931  by P2riquen

Wow!! O.K., let me get this straight, If you wear body armor during a felony you can get a felony charge for just wearing the body armor, correct? So...if it is a LAW and a LEO who is supposed to not only enforce but follow the law commits a bad shoot (like that's never happened! :roll: ) it's O.K. They may get desk duty until their own dept. investigates.
They don't get charged with neither felony charges....am I correct? :poed:
 #54937  by WPCatfish

bluedog46 wrote:if you dont have it on so the cops can easily kill you there is no charge, but you are dead.

That makes the assumption that their rounds hit you and not an innocent bystander.
 #54945  by Dr. Eastwood

WPCatfish wrote:
bluedog46 wrote:if you dont have it on so the cops can easily kill you there is no charge, but you are dead.

That makes the assumption that their rounds hit you and not an innocent bystander.
From what I've seen you don't have to worry about WPD hitting you. Maybe with a ricocheted bullet, maybe.