Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #107619  by pick_six

What are the Fed laws about secret service protection and weapons in proximity?

I recall some kind of story about this recently. I do suspect the R's will pay lip service, wring their hands, and tell folks no. Msm will make the obvious statements, jokes, and so on.

The convention will be interesting.
 #107623  by NormH3

Do they allow concealed carry at the conventions? I can't see how this can be a good thing for the cause but then again I'm not far right by any means. This could get ugly.
 #107631  by Boots

NormH3 wrote:Have also heard that the original post about this was started by a left leaning website....hmmmm.
"Left-leaning"? Change.org is more like far-left.
 #107637  by NormH3

Boots wrote:
NormH3 wrote:Have also heard that the original post about this was started by a left leaning website....hmmmm.
"Left-leaning"? Change.org is more like far-left.
Regardless, it appears that they set this up for their own purposes. Very sad that this is what our country has come to. Unfortunately there are those that believe this was actually contrived by conservatives when it clearly was not. Shame on the news media for adding fuel to the fire. God bless America!
 #107662  by GatorDude

I am completely in favor of pointing out hypocrisy no matter which side of the political spectrum it may fall on. Second Amendment supporters have no qualms pointing out that anti-gunner Democrats have armed security, etc.