Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #111729  by GLOCKGIRL

I know people who worked the gun counter at Christiana location and I heard
Some shady customers will go with another person to buy the gun for that
Person and employee at gun counter told management that doesn’t feel comfortable with the selling of the gun but management wouldn’t back up the employee.
 #111731  by Boots

GLOCKGIRL wrote:I know people who worked the gun counter at Christiana location and I heard
Some shady customers will go with another person to buy the gun for that
Person and employee at gun counter told management that doesn’t feel comfortable with the selling of the gun but management wouldn’t back up the employee.
That's called "hearsay".
 #111732  by Pjd832

Nope it’s fact....happened more than once ...starting in the first week.... gun counter employees would have to “partner with m.o.d.” The mod would decide based on a corporate flowchart and if those criteria weren’t met than they would not stop sale...

for a long time the 2 questions the mod would ask.....did you see money exchange hands?, did the person say it was not for them? If no they wouldnt shut it down, as time went on and the gun traces from various agencies kept rolling in... they got a little better about shutting down straw sales...but it would depend on who the mod was some would do the RIGHT thing...some would do the safe(for them) thing and stick to the corporate sop....to avoid the loud scene that some would make claiming racial profiling, demanding to talk to the mod’s manager/ threaten to call corporate etc etc
 #111742  by Pjd832

Boots wrote:Click here==> Hearsay Definition
I appreciate you posting a link, but I’m well aware of the definition of the word. And it DOES NOT apply, as someone that was part of the original hire group and there for four years, it was first hand experiences I was sharing with her not “hearsay”.

As for the post above saying that “management stood behind us” ... definitely not the case in the first several years, they STUCK to those two qualifiers I mentioned before,”did you see money change hands or did the person trying to buy say it wasn’t for them?” if you answered no then you were told they couldn’t deny the sale. It’s because that’s what they were told to do by corporate/compliance regardless of how blatant the straw sale was. One time the “buyer” handed the box to the “friend” as they walked out.

Things did change after the gun traces started rolling in, some of the managers would do the right thing in blatant cases redardless of the “questions” but it was hit or miss depending on what manager was working. Here’s a fun fact, the “mod” could be a footwear manager that gets the call to come to the vault, what do you think he’s going to do with his job potentially on the line for an irate customer calling corporate claiming they were denied because a,b,c ?.... follow the “sop” or the right thing?

There’s a reason they have the highest gun trace requests in area, hell I’d bet they’re higher than all other ffls combined lol. However if you are a fan of the store by all means continue to patronize them, me I’ll stick with Federal Firearms/Chris :lol:
 #111743  by Boots

GLOCKGIRL wrote:I know people who worked the gun counter at Christiana location and I heard .....
Pjd832, her words are the very definition of "heresay". Whether what she heard was truth, or not, is beside the point... what she said is indeed hearsay because she had no personal knowledge of the facts, she was merely repeating what someone else had told her..
 #111744  by GLOCKGIRL

actually what i wanted to say, and excuse my writing skills, what i meant to say was, in fact I know people who worked the gun counter. I know the facts. Sorry for the confusion. :P
 #111749  by Pjd832

Boots wrote:
GLOCKGIRL wrote:I know people who worked the gun counter at Christiana location and I heard .....
Pjd832, her words are the very definition of "heresay". Whether what she heard was truth, or not, is beside the point... what she said is indeed hearsay because she had no personal knowledge of the facts, she was merely repeating what someone else had told her..
I understand what you are saying and agree that she got the information second hand...so I figured I’d eliminate the heresay, I who worked there at times 6-7 days a week for over 4 years had those experiences I told her, you, and anyone else that asks. Because she said it doesn’t make it any less of the wrong way to do business. But if you want to argue over semantics to redirect the discussion and attempt to discredit/delude, sure go ahead :pointlaugh:

The bottom line is they run the place like it’s Walmart and kowtow to people that raise their voice, threaten to “call corporate” while in the wrong, they used to throw gift cards at people to shut them up so the store manager/sr managers wouldn’t be getting emails/calls asking about these daily situations. There were “frequent flyers” that would come in fabricate some “bad experience” one in particular would come in 15 mins before closing 4-5 times a week and want to fingerbang everything in the cases and racks he played with yesterday, talk about bugging out/zombie apocalypse/anti govt bs for an hour and never buy anything. Company policy was we could never tell customers we were closed and had to wait with nics/register open for them to wander out on their own in case they wanted to buy sometimes as much as 1-1.5 hrs after closing then the closing procedures would begin for gun counter/nics.

The next day he would call/hunt down the sr hardliners manager and cry the blues about how “he wanted to build relationships with store personnel as the gun community is so ostracized blah blah” he would say an employee(not even dealing with him) “had a mean face” and other craziness...they’d throw $50-100 gift cards at him every time.

Like a trained monkey he knew if he shook the tree limb a bananna would fall, went on for about a year. They keep pumping the guy gift cards knowing all well he was full of shit but it was “easier to do that then deal with corporate”..... that’s the facts I was there and involved with all that I’ve shared, not things other employees told me about. Nothing I’ve typed is “hearsay”, these were just a few of the MANY personal situations I experienced.
 #111755  by Boots

GLOCKGIRL wrote:actually what i wanted to say, and excuse my writing skills, what i meant to say was, in fact I know people who worked the gun counter. I know the facts. Sorry for the confusion. :P
No confusion. You may think you 'know the facts' but they are not your personal experience.

Your comment in this thread was only what you had heard someone else say. That's called hearsay. Pdj832 was not even in this discussion at that time. He may have personal experience regarding this discussion that he can testify to, but you do not.

I was not saying your comments were untrue but merely pointing out that it was not your personal experience. It would have been much better in this discussion for Pdj832 to tell us about his personal experiences than for someone to tell us what they had heard from some unnamed source.
 #111756  by Boots

Pjd832 wrote:I understand what you are saying and agree that she got the information second hand...so I figured I’d eliminate the heresay, I who worked there at times 6-7 days a week for over 4 years had those experiences I ....
Thanks for adding interesting information to the discussion! :)