Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #111771  by NCC

Imagine that. Perhaps there should be a rally this year on Timber Wood Blvd. And if that is not possible, then at Old Baltimore Pike and Walther Road.

Ain't public information wonderful?
http://www3.nccde.org/parcel/Details/De ... lKey=79340
 #111772  by NCC

Check this out!

"Senate Majority Whip Bryan Townsend, D-Newark/Bear."

SMH
 #111922  by NCC

And just take a wild guess who the Primary Sponsor of these new 2019 bills is.

Senate Bill 68 seeks to outright ban the possession, purchase, manufacture, or sale of the most commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms in Delaware with limited exceptions. These firearms are popularly owned and used for self-defense, target shooting and hunting. This legislation was also introduced last year at the behest of Governor Carney and relentlessly pushed by anti-gun legislators. Thankfully, it failed in 2018 after NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters continuously urged their lawmakers to oppose it. This year, NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters will need to continue contacting their legislators if they want to repeat the same success.

Senate Bill 69 would impose a requirement that individuals obtain training and a permit in order to purchase a firearm in Delaware. Not only does this place another arbitrary hurdle on what is a Constitutionally-guaranteed right, it is a dangerous practice that could slow an individual’s ability to purchase a firearm for self-defense when they need it most. SB 69 is an egregious attempt to create more avenues to deny someone their Second Amendment rights, including discriminating against those who are financially less fortunate.

Senate Bill 70 would outright ban the possession, purchase, sale, and manufacture, of any magazine that can hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition. Further, all currently covered magazines would need to be relinquished by June 30, 2020. Legislation like this only affects law-abiding gun owners, because criminals will not abide by it. These bills prevent gun owners from being able to defend themselves using the most effective means possible.
 #111923  by pick_six

evidently there was a protest, both pro and anti recently. looks like on leg hall. moms vs pro2a.

2 of the salisbury stations had links posted. not sure of if any of the delaware outlets had any coverage. i haven't actively looked.

recent events throw a little shade on some of this stuff. at least offering some resistance the the criminalizing of mags. cali had a stay issued, then 1/2 & 1/2 issued/stayed, on criminalization of mags. the judges ruling was VERY INTERESTING to say the least, and definitely worth a read if you have the time.. 84 pages though. but the judges points are very pro 2a! a number of sites had links to this, if you haven't seen it yet.

banning/criminalizing existing firearms could encounter something like the judge above. MAYBE.

i don't think, based on the fact that other states are going full speed ahead, there is much to prevent the registration or new stuff ban from going in place. nj ny md hi ca etc all have similar stuff. and no court has stepped in.

it's a shame. not sure where i would go if i ever make it to retirement, but if this stuff passes, going home AND not being a criminal is ruled out.

for those interested, there is a section on the mdshooters.com site that discusses politics. obviously its mixed in with more maryland specific activity, a bit of national stuff and other banter. it may be worth a check if you are interested.

the group from md, called the Patriots Picket (PP), is going with a "we will not comply" push. it delaware group from the protest above was joining in. a number of folks had home made stickets/patches pinned to their cloths. as i understand it, PP IS NOT part of the web site above, but their members post stuff there around events.

delaware link added....

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 421629002/
NCC wrote:And just take a wild guess who the Primary Sponsor of these new 2019 bills is.

Senate Bill 68 seeks to outright ban the possession, purchase, manufacture, or sale of the most commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms in Delaware with limited exceptions. These firearms are popularly owned and used for self-defense, target shooting and hunting. This legislation was also introduced last year at the behest of Governor Carney and relentlessly pushed by anti-gun legislators. Thankfully, it failed in 2018 after NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters continuously urged their lawmakers to oppose it. This year, NRA Members and Second Amendment supporters will need to continue contacting their legislators if they want to repeat the same success.

Senate Bill 69 would impose a requirement that individuals obtain training and a permit in order to purchase a firearm in Delaware. Not only does this place another arbitrary hurdle on what is a Constitutionally-guaranteed right, it is a dangerous practice that could slow an individual’s ability to purchase a firearm for self-defense when they need it most. SB 69 is an egregious attempt to create more avenues to deny someone their Second Amendment rights, including discriminating against those who are financially less fortunate.

Senate Bill 70 would outright ban the possession, purchase, sale, and manufacture, of any magazine that can hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition. Further, all currently covered magazines would need to be relinquished by June 30, 2020. Legislation like this only affects law-abiding gun owners, because criminals will not abide by it. These bills prevent gun owners from being able to defend themselves using the most effective means possible.
 #111925  by MrCoolDale

SB 69 makes a registry, but the proposed bill DOES NOT strike the portion of state law that already forbids a firearm registry. That would make this law illegal the moment it is signed.

I strongly suggest heading over to the Delaware Legislation site to check out the actual text. I find no mention of striking the preemptive text forbidding a registry.

As for the other laws... An "assault weapon ban" and a magazine limit were defeated LAST YEAR and again a few years before that. Why are these people bringing up the same bill over and over again when the people keep telling them they don't want it?!? Delaware has NEVER had a mass shooting and there have only been 2 people killed in this state by an evil black rifle... both of which were done by police officers.

Interestingly, the definitions and examples listed in SB 68 are somewhat vague, but still specific enough that I can think of a few evil rifles that actually fall outside of its reach, making the law useless.
 #111927  by radnor

pick_six wrote:evidently there was a protest, both pro and anti recently. looks like on leg hall. moms vs pro2a.
April 10th. I was there. There were about 40 mums. And 463 signed in at DGR. Some did not sign in. So about 500 PRO2A.
 #111928  by NCC

radnor wrote: April 10th. I was there. There were about 40 mums. And 463 signed in at DGR. Some did not sign in. So about 500 PRO2A.
Thanks Radnor. Please keep us posted on future events. The only reason this did not pass last year is because that consistently there were more Pro2A's showing up than those that were for. We have to keep this pressure up.