Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #1713  by stephpd

cappilot06 wrote:Let's not lose hope too fast. Even if he's elected and tries to put forth this legislation, he will still need 2/3 majority in both House and Senate for approval. Even if the Dems maintain control of both, I still believe there are enough law-abiding citizens with firearms to persuade their representatives and senators to vote NO on his bills.

It should only take a few to prevent that 2/3 majority. I think Obama has more than enough momentum to win the election unfortunately. We all need to be prepared to contact our U.S. Senators and Congressman concerning voting NO when/if Obama wins and tries to remove guns from society.

Just remember, the founders of this country put the checks-and-balance system in place for a reason. While I am probably the most pessimistic person around concerning our federal government, I have to hope that the system will eventually block him and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
With the Dems in control of the house and senate they don't need 2/3. Only 50% +1. I saw that with the Reps back in 2000 - 2006. One party in charge has no checks and balances. The 2/3 is to break a filibuster. That didn't stop Bush Inc. from trampling all over the bill of rights. The only thing going for us is that the Dems aren't as unified as the Reps.

But they are prepared to destroy the 2A. Guns kill people and we have to get rid of the evil instruments of death.

And I don't see how Obama can lose. McCain can only offer more of the same. He stopped being the maverick when Bush won. Voted with him 90% of the time. I guess when the rest of the party is voting 95% or better along party lines 90% seems like a maverick.

And I don't care for Bob Barr. Ralph Nader is just too old. And neither has any chance of winning.

And this is the best our country can come up with.

I'm not one to call for a revolution but the choices are revolting.

May have to bury my guns up in the mountains of PA.
 #1718  by cappilot06

Hey,
I stand corrected...guess I need to go back to civics class. :? LOL

People are too ready for the government to take care of them to actually care about changing the status quo. I would gladly support a revolution that would reinstate the Constitution as it was written. That will never happen though.

So you're probably right, either bury your guns or be prepared to die when they come to take them. I can honestly say I'm not sure which side I would take as of yet. The girls are young though, so need to stick around for a little while anyway. After that, bring'em on! :twisted:
 #1736  by LordJim

conservatives don't care about the Constitution.
IMO conservatives DO care about the Constitution, it's the Republican and Democratic parties who seem ready to shred it for power.

-
Jim