Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #84649  by stephpd

Dihydrogen monoxide is a gateway drug and highly addictive.

is called "hydroxyl acid", the substance is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect".
may cause severe burns.
is fatal if inhaled.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of Styrofoam.
as a fire retardant.
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

It's also one of the leading causes of death among children.
And impossible to withdraw from without causing death!
 #84651  by Owen

Dihydrogen monoxide is readily up taken in the human body where it can be stored and build up in large quantities. Once in the body, it is hard to remove, with substantial amounts always present.
 #84661  by brich2929

I understand that dihydrogen monoxide, if in vapor form in concentrations high enough, can not only cause severe burns or explosions, but also in lower pressure situations, obstruct air traffic, marine traffic and even driving, and has caused fatal accidents in EACH of those situations...
 #84680  by Dr. Eastwood

Owen wrote:Does this mean they'll be taking away his Dad Joe's shotgun? ;)

:applause:

The only effect this legislation will have is a stigma against mental health. How is it in my best interest now as a gun owner to go see a therapist/psychologist to express my feelings of anger/frustration/sadness/depression and not feel like it could get my firearms taken away? This erects a huge hurdle to mental health care access to those who own or want to own firearms.
 #84682  by Owen

Dr. Eastwood wrote:The only effect this legislation will have is a stigma against mental health. How is it in my best interest now as a gun owner to go see a therapist/psychologist to express my feelings of anger/frustration/sadness/depression and not feel like it could get my firearms taken away? This erects a huge hurdle to mental health care access to those who own or want to own firearms.
Exactly. This could even make a gun owning parent think twice about getting their child help.

Are they talking about fixing how existing mental health records aren't consistently being forwarded to the NCIS? Without that, this new law is just a publicity stunt.
 #84683  by stephpd

Owen wrote: Are they talking about fixing how existing mental health records aren't consistently being forwarded to the NCIS? Without that, this new law is just a publicity stunt.
I've read a few articles on just this.

Along with other ones, like the bill in DE where they're turning all doctors, nurses and social workers into brown shirts. Since they'll become a criminal themselves if they don't do this.