Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #84856  by groundgrid

Below is a link for a letter to your State Representative opposing various provision of HB-67 (School Gun Ban). It was written from the point of view that your Rep is probably in favor of the bill and seeks to get it amended in order to remove the worst parts of the bill. Please feel free to use it & change as you see fit. Being flatly opposed to this bill probably won't get us anywhere.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/125 ... r%201.docx

Please PM if the link doesn't work or if you can't open the letter.

Please edit the items between the <angle brackets> and insert your Reps name and also your personal information.
Your rep's name and address can be found at the following link:
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LEGISLATU ... av=leginfo

A stamp is currently only worth about 1/2 of a single round of ammo. But, if you really can't afford it or if you don't have a way to print the letter PM me your info & I will do it for you (as long as too many people don't ask).

Snail mail is best to get it read but e-mail is an alternative.

Please post a reply to this thread after sending the letter so that I can track which reps have gotten it and their response.
Call your rep in a few days after sending it to make sure that they have gotten it. If you have one of those ignorant reps that won't answer you mail or calls, consider visiting them personally. If you are hesitant to do that, I will also consider meeting you in Dover & going with you. (Or get a few other gun owners to make the trip.) Piling 5-6 or more voters into their office & asking questions that require a direct answer is very effective in getting them to see your point of view.
 #84861  by David

I find the offsite potential to be the most disturbing. The bill, as written, clearly includes offsite facilities in use by a school. Rep Dukes from Laurel stated a current situation with his hometown. The Laurel High ball filed is currently part of a construction site, so the High School is playing their home games at the local little league field. Under this bill, if the high school team is playing at an offsite field, and you were carrying at the offsite facility, you are committing a crime. Similar case is that a district rents a room at a local restaurant for an awards banquet or holiday celebration, if you are carrying at the restaurant, you are committing a crime. Having no knowledge that the school is there is no defense.

By the way, Rep Dukes will be more than happy to introduce amendments to this bill. He tried to get it tabled during the committee meeting but was unsuccessful. If you have ideas for this bill, you should email or call his office.