Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #85790  by stephpd

Notice all this stuff from the local NRA folks came about after it was 'leaked' that they were working with Democrats on HB 88. No other 'gun group was participating in this sell out, just the NRA, and by association the Bridgeville club and the DSSA. Prior to this 'leak' the DSSA wasn't sending out any updates while these bills have been in hearings. Or what progress they were having with any of them.

To defend themselves they tell us these are done deals and they were just changing the stench. Yet if you look at some of these bills they could have applied pressure and stopped these things.

It's not like the story from the NAGR was a lie. It's that the NRA has been not doing it's job. Or that when they do claim to do their job the vote becomes almost unanimous for the bills passage, as pointed out by the NAGR.

But what's most important, to the NRA is that you only give money to them, even when they're hurting us. Prior to this 'leak' by Beau Biden the NRA/ DSSA has been slacking off and not doing the necessary things to insure these bills are defeated. And with just one Republican vote making the difference in many of these it does make you wonder what or if they're doing all they can to stop this stuff.

Except for the SAF selling out to the Manchin/Toomey bill I don't see where any of the other pro 2A groups are doing damage (or needing to do damage control) like what the NRA is doing in this state. You'd think that with the former President of the NRA, John Sigler, now running the show for the Republican party (Chairman of the Republican State Committee of Delaware) we'd have a good chance of not losing so many by bills one Republican vote in the Senate.

There were enough, or close enough, Democratic defectors that all they really needed to do was keep the party in line and maybe put pressure on one or two downstate Democrats and we wouldn't have any of these bad laws.Yet they couldn't even keep the Republicans in line.
 #85792  by Daveman

I received the same exact email from NAGR. Asking me to donate money to send a fax to our senators, etc... I don't even know how they got my name or email address or anything.
 #85793  by Daveman

They're trying to pass these nonsense laws that are just ripping apart our 2nd Amendment. Bringing in parents from Newtown? There's always gonna be a nut that does that and no law, bill, or anything is going to stop them or any other criminals from committing such crimes. It's only going to affect us law abiding, responsible, gun owning, citizens. That's it. It disgusts me really.
 #85798  by stephpd

I too got the same email. But then I get many emails. And from both sides, pro and anti, Democrat and Republican. And for all the hoopla about donating money they all do it. Well, not the politicians outright. But the NRA, just like all the other 'organizations' do ask for money. All the time.

But as I have stated they are also THE group that got exposed for selling out on the 'crazy people' bill here in DE.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036789/ns/ms ... 4#51827534
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/nra-tea ... rting-bill

I've seen something very similar about the backroom dealings for the House in DC too on a bill dealing with the mentally ill. Not from the NRA but other groups saying as much. That they're willing to sellout some to 'save' the rest of us.

But then they have a long history of this exact same thing. Anyone that doubts this spend a few minutes and learn the history of the NRA.
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/informat ... sp?ID=3345
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/informat ... sp?ID=3247

Much if not all the laws we have, like the NFA and GCA, as well as no more new full auto FOPA, are all the work of the NRA. Same for the use of the term 'hunting and sporting' going back to the GCA of 1968.

Or in the words of the NRA themselves;
"The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."

—NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth
NRA's American Rifleman Magazine, March 1968, P. 22
 #85801  by BigJoe

NRA is a gun control group plain and simple. They are willing to let our rights be diminished over time according to the Anti's agenda of ratcheting down rights to the point where it's more of a hassle to own a gun than not. Once they are lost they are gone for good. These bills won't expire like the Clinton crime bill was allowed to.

If NAGR is wrong for pointing out the DSSA and NRA short comings then I don't want to be right. Remember it was the "fringe" groups like GOA who argued in the Heller case while the NRA was hiding under the table to see what happen before they jumped on the bandwagon in the McDonald vs Chicago case.

I'd rather give my money to a group like NAGR and GOA than the NRA. At least they will hold the line on not budging on our rights. The NRA will try to force crap like this down your throat until the end of time and most will accept it gladly because uncle Ted said so. Most will finance it to boot.
 #85811  by Boots

astro_wanabe wrote:... I think I found NAGR through Facebook, liked one of their tshirt designs and bought it ....
Same here. "Keep Calm, Carry One" with a pic of an AR. And, "Keep Calm Carry On" with two pistols. Pretty sure those shirts came from NAGR.
 #85813  by astro_wanabe

Boots wrote:
astro_wanabe wrote:... I think I found NAGR through Facebook, liked one of their tshirt designs and bought it ....
Same here. "Keep Calm, Carry One" with a pic of an AR. And, "Keep Calm Carry On" with two pistols. Pretty sure those shirts came from NAGR.
This is the one I got: https://www.gunrightsgear.com/gear/fire ... directed=1
This on the front:
This on the back:
Really love this shirt, especially the quote. It's hard to be more clear in my opinion than "firearms anywhere and everywhere." Might have to get another for when I wear this one out.