Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #85868  by David

From Washington Times
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... rce=feedly

Broadly, any rifle that has two of three characteristics - folding stock, grenade launcher or flash suppressor — is considered an “assault weapon” and now illegal in Maryland. The statute also makes specific pistols, rifles and, shotguns — “or a copy regardless of the producer or manufacturer” — banned in the “Free State.” They are as follows:

Manufacturers A: AA Arms AP–9 semiautomatic pistol;American Arms Spectre da Semiautomatic carbine; AK–47 in all forms; Algimec AGM–1 type semi–auto; AR 100 type semi–auto; AR 180 type semi–auto; Argentine L.S.R. semi–auto; Australian Automatic Arms SAR type semi–auto; Auto–Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semi–automatics;

Manufacturers B-C: Barrett light .50 cal. semi–auto; Beretta AR70 type semi–auto; Bushmaster semiautomatic pistol; Bushmaster semi–auto rifle; Calico models M–100 and M–900; CIS SR 88 type semi–auto;Claridge HI TEC C–9 carbines; Claridge HI–TEC semiautomatic pistol; Colt AR–15, CAR–15, and all imitations except Colt AR–15 Sporter H–BAR rifle;

Manufacturers D-F: D Max Industries semiautomatic pistol; Daewoo MAX 1 and MAX 2, aka AR 100, 110C, K–1, and K–2; Dragunov Chinese made semi–auto; Encom MK–IV, MP–9, or MP–45 semiautomatic pistol; Famas semi–auto (.223 caliber); Feather AT–9 semi–auto;FN LAR and FN FAL assault rifle; FNC semi–auto type carbine; F.I.E./Franchi LAW 12 and SPAS 12 assault shotgun; Steyr–AUG–SA semi–auto;

Manufacturers G-I: Galil models AR and ARM semi–auto; Heckler and Koch HK–91 A3, HK–93 A2, HK–94 A2 and A3; Heckler and Koch semiautomatic SP–89 pistol; Holmes model 88 shotgun;Holmes MP–83 semiautomatic pistol; Ingram MAC 10/11 semiautomatic pistol and variations including Partisan Avenger and the SWD Cobray; Intratec TEC–9/DC–9 semiautomatic pistol in any centerfire variation;

Manufacturers K-R: Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format; Manchester Arms “Commando” MK–45, MK–9; Mandell TAC–1 semi–auto carbine; Mossberg model 500 Bullpup assault shotgun; Sterling Mark 6; P.A.W.S. carbine; P.A.W.S. type semiautomatic pistol; Ruger mini–14 folding stock model (.223 caliber);

Manufacturers S: SIG 550/551 assault rifle (.223 caliber); SKS with detachable magazine; Skorpion semiautomatic pistol; Spectre double action semiautomatic pistol (Sile, F.I.E., Mitchell); AP–74 Commando type semi–auto; Springfield Armory BM–59, SAR–48, G3, SAR–3, M–21 sniper rifle, M1A, excluding the M1 Garand; Street sweeper assault type shotgun; Striker 12 assault shotgun in all formats;

Manufacturers U-W: Unique F11 semi–auto type; Daewoo USAS 12 semi–auto shotgun; UZI 9mm carbine or rifle; UZI semiautomatic pistol; Valmet M–76 and M–78 semi–auto; Weaver Arms “Nighthawk” semi–auto carbine; Weaver Arms semiautomatic Nighthawk pistol; Wilkinson Arms 9mm semi–auto “Terry”; and Wilkinson semiautomatic “Linda” pistol.
 #85893  by brich2929

F Maryland. I'm not going there for any reason except driving through until they reverse their draconian laws.
 #85907  by stephpd

brich2929 wrote:F Maryland. I'm not going there for any reason except driving through until they reverse their draconian laws.
I've pretty much avoided both NJ and MD ever since I learned about concealed carry, 'may issue' and that neither state has any reciprocity. Once I had gotten my CCDW I hate having to stop, disarm, take apart and 'transport' my firearm through their states. I won't do any business nor 'enjoy' their beaches or visit family in those two states.
 #85910  by fieldman

I was thinking of joining Delmarva Sportsmans Assoc dsarange.com because it is a 14min drive from my home. Not any places for me to shoot where I can go to put in some quick practice. Now I gotta figure out if I would be able to take any of my modern sporting rifles, aka what they now designate "assault rifle", SBR's, or standard capacity mags with me to go there. If not, then gotta continue to find someplace in DE. If it wasnt for the lack of close places to shoot, Id say F MD too. Hmm. Wonder if they will still be able to get full autos and sbr's via NFA?