Discussions pertaining to obtaining your FFL or C&R License or discussing C&R firearms.
 #20321  by George

Boots wrote:I think a criminal history check would include both DE and federal.

If you only did one of the two could you rightly say you did a criminal history check of the person?

---------------

FWIW, I think it's unethical for someone to add a profit margin charge to a gun they didn't sell. If you go to someone to only arrange a transfer, that's all you should pay for. Any payment toward the purchase of the gun is a completely separate matter between you and the seller.
+1
 #20674  by dave_in_delaware

Thank you very much First State Firearms!!!

Welcome to DELOC!!
 #20678  by Mr.Skellington

firststatefirearms wrote:I am the owner of First State Firearms Inc. We are located in Hockessin, we will charge members of DELOC or DECCW $15 for transfers. We can be contacted via email firststatefirearms@verizon.net or via telephone at 302-420-1698.
I noticed your business listed a while back but I wasn't sure about your location or what sort of shop you have.

Can you tell me where exactly your store is and is it a "storefront" or a home/business?

Also what sort of firearms do you generally carry?

Thanks.
 #20698  by firststatefirearms

Currently I work out of my home. I don't have the space to stock much inventory. Most of my business is transfers. I am looking to open a store front in the near future. I am attempting to find a location in the Hockessin area. I will let everyone know when and where the store front will be as soon as possible.
 #26233  by scottese

I am an 01,06,and 07. Anyone that needs help you can call me at 302-528-8787. I am located in Bear.

I am a dealer for Les Baer and Nighthawk on the high end 1911s, and I do alot with the AR platform. I can pretty much get anything else as well.

Thanks,
Scott
 #26265  by budkyle

firststatefirearms wrote:I am the owner of First State Firearms Inc. We are located in Hockessin, we will charge members of DELOC or DECCW $15 for transfers. We can be contacted via email firststatefirearms@verizon.net or via telephone at 302-420-1698.

I purchased a Springfield XD .45 ACP in August from First State Firearms. Excellent price, communication, and service. I recommend him highly... :applause:
 #27849  by dave_in_delaware

It's awesome to see FFL's as members here, and them offering great products and services.

Thank you everyone!
 #43031  by bluedog46

Jeff the Baptist wrote:Great thread. I'm looking at some internet purchases soon and this is great info. Thanks a lot.

The last couple of times I've needed an FFL for an internet sale, I used Miller's and X-Ring. Both of them hassled me for not buying something in their shop. X-Ring actually charged me dealer markup. I'd rather not use either of them again if I can help it.
I have not had any issues with xring, but that is complete bull pulling that crap. If they did not tell you about the price upfront i would be really ticked. if they told you that up front i would have told them to stick it
 #68044  by willardsguns

Boots wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote:Was the internet purchase an auction or a surplus merchant like http://www.impactguns.com or http://www.jgsales.com ?
It was an auction. Dan charged $20 for the paperwork; I had already paid the seller via postal money order.

In the following quote from Delaware firearms laws, notice the part I highlighted in bold.
904A. (b) As a condition of its license, any dealer
holding a license pursuant to this chapter shall
facilitate the transfer of a firearm, as that term is
defined in § 222 of Title 11, from any person
who is not so licensed, upon the request of said
unlicensed seller pursuant to the following procedure:
(4) Any dealer who is asked to facilitate the
transfer of a firearm pursuant to the terms of this
section, may charge a reasonable fee for said
service, said fee not to exceed $20 per criminal
history check performed pursuant to this procedure.

(5) Failure or refusal on the part of the dealer
to facilitate the transfer of a firearm pursuant to
the procedures set forth herein shall be adequate
cause to suspend the license of said dealer
for a period not to exceed 30 days per occurrence.
905. Penalties. Whoever violates this chapter
shall be fined not more than $250.
This needs to be cleared up. Notice where it says buyer and seller jointly appear. Can GB or CTD appear??

§ 904A. Criminal history checks for sales between unlicensed persons.

(a) For purposes of this section, "licensed firearm dealer" means any person licensed as a deadly weapons dealer pursuant to Chapter 9 of Title 24 and 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq.

(b) As a condition of its license, any dealer holding a license pursuant to this chapter shall facilitate the transfer of a firearm, as that term is defined in § 222 of Title 11, from any person who is not so licensed, upon the request of said unlicensed seller pursuant to the following procedure:

(1) The prospective buyer and seller shall jointly appear at the place of business of the dealer, during said dealer's regular hours of business, and shall inform the dealer of their desire to avail themselves of the advantages of the procedure set forth herein.

(2) The dealer shall then subject the prospective buyer to a criminal history record check pursuant to the terms of § 1448A of Title 11.

(3) In the event that said record check reveals that the prospective buyer is prohibited from possessing, purchasing or owning a firearm pursuant to § 1448 of Title 11, the dealer shall so inform both parties of that fact and the transfer shall not take place.

(4) Any dealer who is asked to facilitate the transfer of a firearm pursuant to the terms of this section, may charge a reasonable fee for said service, said fee not to exceed $20 per criminal history check performed pursuant to this procedure.

(5) Failure or refusal on the part of the dealer to facilitate the transfer of a firearm pursuant to the procedures set forth herein shall be adequate cause to suspend the license of said dealer for a period not to exceed 30 days per occurrence