Discussions pertaining to obtaining your FFL or C&R License or discussing C&R firearms.
 #68043  by willardsguns

phlydude wrote:The whole selling point of this package was getting prepared for the home interview and knowing what questions are asked and how to answer them.

2 hour bs session.
If your plans are to just to do transferrs than I would not suggest it. Is it realy worth it to wait all day for UPS to make 20-30$? Unless you plan to open a store save your money.
 #68047  by Guard_Duck

willardsguns wrote: If your plans are to just to do transferrs than I would not suggest it. Is it realy worth it to wait all day for UPS to make 20-30$? Unless you plan to open a store save your money.
Wow.........just wow. Who cares what his intentions are?? Afraid he's going to cut into your business??

The community of gun owners in Delaware is small enough already, do you really want to alienate yourself by making comments like that to an individual trying to help out the community? If that's your intent, you may as well let your FFL lapse, unless you need it to be a gunsmith. Because off of the comment you made, I just made a decision to NEVER do business with you, even if a transfer through you was free. I'd rather put $30 in someone else's pocket who wants to further the community, rather than choke it off.
 #68075  by bluedog46

I get he point of your post white95zj.

WHile I dont 100% agree with willard I do think he is trying to inform people that its tough to make a living g selling guns. I have met most of the ffls on the site and count one as a ver good friend and they all have given me the same warning ( in different ways) that its not away to make tons of cash. i have an intrest in an ffl one day, but I realize i will not make much with it. Like you said there are not many for us in delaware and its good to have people i the game

Just a thought. Not taking a side on the issue. Just a thought.
 #68236  by raymond2688

i got my ffl almost 2 years ago went from builder to gun seller. transfers are very demanding with having to wait for ups fedex exc. most people are on your doorstep before you get to unpack the gun and log it in.
I am glad i made the decission to deal in firearms and would never discourage anyone from doing so. It is a very tough venture with inventories low and demand high if your not a very large dealer or devote your sales to one company you dont get allocated guns.

Good luck if you decide to do this if you need any help dont hesitate to ask. Oh and dont pay for a ffl service the forms are easy and all free