If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #13791  by John

After having two confrontations at two different Wal-marts, I have written an email to their corporate office to get an official response. My message is as follows. I stole the format from Dave's email to Christiana Mall, as it is short and to the point.
Hello,
As a member of Delaware Open Carry and a private citizen, I
carry a firearm on my person daily for personal protection. Many
citizens in this State legally carry a gun either concealed (with a license) or
open (no license required). After being confronted by a greeter in one of your stores, I am writing to find out what your
official policy is on firearms inside Wal-mart stores, whether carried
concealed or openly. Thank you.
This was sent via online form, as opposed to an actual email.
 #13803  by Jacques

I contacted WalMart after an a :censored: hole confronted Shreck & me. I asked about the "official corporate" policy and was told that they followed the prevailing law of the state in which the WalMart is located. So... I presumed that to mean that it was OK...

The only issue I ever had was the one referenced above and I reported him for not wearing his identification tag... I saw him in the store on Monday and he was nice as pie to me... still without his name tag! I should report him again.

[thinking]I wonder how I can get to be named a secret shopper?[/thinking]
 #13852  by John

Dear John,

For information regarding your inquiry, please contact your local store and speak with a member of management. To find the phone number for your local Wal-Mart store, please visit the www.walmart.com website and click on Store Finder at the bottom of the page.

Thank you,
Wal-Mart Customer Relations
It appears that each store has its own policy regarding the carry of firearms. I will follow up with the stores at prices corner, 13/40 split, and Middletown. I will post here after I do so.
 #13861  by sean3686

i contacted the head of walmart for either kent county or delaware not sure how high up she was but she said its not in there policy nor is it posted but they leave it up to the store managers. I was pissed when she told me that and i just gave up and decided not to shop there.
 #13863  by DragonJames

sean3686 wrote:i contacted the head of walmart for either kent county or delaware not sure how high up she was but she said its not in there policy nor is it posted but they leave it up to the store managers. I was pissed when she told me that and i just gave up and decided not to shop there.
I'd just continue shopping, and if told it was against walmart policy, just tell them that 1) you called the Delaware head of walmart and 2) they have no such rule on file (just conviently leave out that its actually up to them, because i doubt they know they have such power) then explain DE laws :D
 #13865  by Boots

DragonJames wrote:... I'd just continue shopping, and if told it was against walmart policy, just tell them that 1) you called the Delaware head of walmart and 2) they have no such rule on file (just conviently leave out that its actually up to them, because i doubt they know they have such power) then explain DE laws :D
Sounds like a plan! ;)
 #13879  by sean3686

trust me I tried explaining it to them, its like trying to explain trig to a 3rd grader...

and having 4-5 camden pd cars showing up and them confirming me being legal still wasent enough for them.

#13880  by George

I continue to opencarry 2-3 times a week at camden walmart without issues, who knows???
 #13881  by sean3686

well as a Gi I do know how to push peoples buttons hahah. im not as of the 1st of the year but trust me ill still do it.

george werent you there the day that the pd was talking to me.

you ever buy ammo ocing?
 #13882  by George

almost every time, but lately they have been out of .45, never any hassles