If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #30175  by Jacques

I've been there a dozen or so times in the last couple of weeks with my DSP SIG... No plobrem...

Today I was talking in the racks with a DOC officer who lurks on this site...

After I bought a radio... Jim; who waited on the guy behind me in line... (I was OK with that because I had already spent quite a bit of time with Bob & Rick) asked me if I was a LEO, and asked me to not bring my firearm into the store next time I come...

I said, "if there is a next time..." Bob and I had a nice conversation about the exchange and asked the GM about it...

It's confirmed (for now)...

HRO is Anti-Open Carry...

(Bob wants to meet up to go shooting...)
 #30179  by LordJim

What is the return policy lol
That's a fair question. There's more than one place in this area that deals in amateur radio equipment.

-
Jim
 #30180  by Guard_Duck

R&R comes to mind, I've carried in there before with no issues.
 #30226  by Jacques

white95zj wrote:R&R comes to mind, I've carried in there before with no issues.
Elmer Fudd wrote:West & Wewaxation?
 #30228  by Guard_Duck

no, R&R Communications, on Carpenter Station Road.

R&R
 #31466  by Jacques

Ken_in_Bear wrote:I've been there a dozen or so times in the last couple of weeks with my DSP SIG... No plobrem...

Today I was talking in the racks with a DOC officer who lurks on this site...

After I bought a radio... Jim; who waited on the guy behind me in line... (I was OK with that because I had already spent quite a bit of time with Bob & Rick) asked me if I was a LEO, and asked me to not bring my firearm into the store next time I come...

I said, "if there is a next time..." Bob and I had a nice conversation about the exchange and asked the GM about it...

It's confirmed (for now)...

HRO is Anti-Open Carry...

(Bob wants to meet up to go shooting...)
UPDATE...

The day after my encounter... a "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED!" sign went up and then following day it came down!!!

The next week, I met with the Regional Director of HRO and he told me that the corporate policy states that employees are not to carry while working in the store. Further he stated that the policy says nothing about customers carrying and that he himself had a conceal permit before he moved to Delaware and intended to get one as soon as the AG would let him apply...

I was told to use my discretion about the subject... which translated means "conceal if you can, but carry if you must... and that he'd speak to the staff to advise them that it's OK" I told him that I didn't go to the other electronics store or the fast food establishments unarmed so... Thanx! (P.S. he wants to go shooting at DSPC sometime too...!)

That said... I have returned, both unarmed and armed... and though no one has asked me to leave there is one guy who about breaks out in a cold sweat when I walk in whether I'm carrying or not... and when I leave I get a snyed "ta ta..."

So road trip if you must and make sure you ask for Bob Penneys!
 #31480  by Boots

Ken_in_Bear wrote:... and when I leave I get a snyed "ta ta..."

:lol:
 #31542  by Jacques

Boots wrote:
Ken_in_Bear wrote:... and when I leave I get a snyed "ta ta..."
Image :lol:
But at least he's been instructed to allow me in... most of the others are fine with it!

Carry on...