If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #39287  by ShakyHand

I really wish you would stop asking for official policy from stores and such. They are almost always going to answer in the negative, if they answer at all.

It's best just to leave the hornets alone.
 #39288  by dave_in_delaware

What's wrong with getting the official policy from stores that have already told someone to leave, or to disarm, or only LEO's can carry? Especially when others have carried in there without issue? I would think that clarification is a good thing in those cases.

I had done the same with IHOP (after we had a pleasant experience there), and they reinforced our right to carry in their restaurant.
 #39296  by GatorDude

I think this debate could easily have a thread of its own. I think there are benefits and disadvantages for both perspectives.
 #39298  by dave_in_delaware

It already does, at least in some way: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4297

Just to clarify: I don't ask every owner or company what their policy is. I only get clarification if there seems to be some conflicting or confusing reports from members when they carry somewhere. Or if there is a pro-carry owner or company then I also get their policy reiterating their stance.
 #39302  by Condition1

dave_in_delaware wrote:What's wrong with getting the official policy from stores that have already told someone to leave, or to disarm, or only LEO's can carry? Especially when others have carried in there without issue? I would think that clarification is a good thing in those cases.

I had done the same with IHOP (after we had a pleasant experience there), and they reinforced our right to carry in their restaurant.
Nothing wrong Dave, these stores have already told someone to leave or disarm, as you mentioned. Looking for an official clarification from someone higher up it is a good thing on my opinion!
 #39311  by photog

dave_in_delaware wrote: .....I only get clarification if there seems to be some conflicting or confusing reports from members when they carry somewhere.

Like the Christiana Mall?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #39313  by WPCatfish

photog wrote:
dave_in_delaware wrote: .....I only get clarification if there seems to be some conflicting or confusing reports from members when they carry somewhere.

You can carry there except when you can't. What's so confusing about that?
 #39314  by Amy Blackthorn

photog wrote:

Matt insists I have some sort of magical invisibility force field around my firearm. People only see it when I'm wearing my Omega Firearms Training Tee shirt.
 #39318  by photog

WPCatfish wrote:
photog wrote:

You can carry there except when you can't. What's so confusing about that?

Thanks for clearing that up, Catfish!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for Amy, everyone sees that she's carrying, but she's just too sweet to be a threat to anyone... ;)