If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #53809  by Amy Blackthorn

Seeing all the ammo talk I thought it might be good to have a thread for great ammo prices. (I've even heard tell of a place just over the border in PRNJ that has even better prices if you walk in the door.)

So who has the best prices for 9mm?

.40?

.45?

.223?
 #53813  by desteve811

Can't remember last time I bought a box of ammo since I cast and reload my own.
 #53814  by Tony T

Palmetto State Armory, SG Ammo.

Not sure about locally, Amy.
 #53839  by bluedog46

walmart is still probably the best if you dont reload. Federa 9mm is 11.99 a box. I think I paid $36 for a 100ct of WWB 45 ACP.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com is really good, but mostly when they have free shipping. Just picked up some S&B 9mm 115 fmj for $10.61 a box of 50.

sgammo.com is hit or miss

ammoseek.com and ammoengine.com gets info from users on good ammo deals and will break it down per round.

ammoman.com has 9mm S&B delivered for $219, which is not a bad price and other ammo. I was told their prices include free shipping now.

http://www.usaammo.com is also decent. They sell reloads and new ammo both for under $10 a box but shipping can be high. I think I had 1000k rounds of new ammo at about $230 shipped.

I think companies like Ultramaxx that sell reloads will probably start doing more business if this keeps happening. Hope this list helps. Also check out slickguns.com for deals on guns and ammo. That is how i found out sportsmansguide had free shipping. I also have a buyers club membership with them to save money. Its like $30 a year, but you save 10% on everything and 5% on ammo.

Some of us might have to form a bulk buying club to get ammo.
 #53847  by steddyj

I've found Walmart to be the best price for 9mm, .40, and .45. I don't know the exact prices of the .40 since I don't shoot that, just noticed it's nearly the same as .45. 9mm Federal is the best price at $10.47/box, the best price on .45 is the Winchester white box value pack which I think was about $32/box. This is a couple bucks cheaper than the Federal .45 ACP.

I reload as well, and a big note to any other reloaders who occasionally buy factory ammo to bulk up their supply of brass as I've been doing - Federal .45ACP uses a small primer, not large. I bought a couple of boxes when Walmart was out of Winchester and I had to toss the brass after I had already cleaned and polished it without noticing the small pocket.

Also of note if you're in the Bear/Newark/Glasgow area. The Walmart at 40/13 is rarely stocked with ammo when I've stopped in there, but the one in Elkton usually has a good supply for the same base price, you just need to pay the 6% sales tax.

By the by, my reloading cost is about $6/box for 9mm and $8/box for .45 ACP. If you can front the cash for the equipment and can spare the time involved, it's well worth it. I've been shooting 100 rds each of 9mm and .45 per week and if I keep that up I'll break even in 6 months.
 #53852  by Amy Blackthorn

Thanks for the heads up SteddyJ. Matt and I have looked into starting reloading.

In the meantime I need 500 rounds of .223 for a day at the range next month. (Yes, 500 for one day /grin) so I'll be looking at the sites listed.

Thanks!
 #53861  by radnor

Amy Blackthorn wrote:... I need 500 rounds of .223 for a day at the range ...
Are you going to keep the brass??? If you are just going to leave it, I'll give it a good home. ;)
 #53874  by myopicvisionary

Avoid Ultramax. I have seen way too many squib loads at the range and they were all Ultramax.
 #53875  by Amy Blackthorn

myopicvisionary wrote:Avoid Ultramax. I have seen way too many squib loads at the range and they were all Ultramax.
You're the best!
 #53886  by bluedog46

myopicvisionary wrote:Avoid Ultramax. I have seen way too many squib loads at the range and they were all Ultramax.
thank you very much for the udpate