If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #63005  by martyusa

Email was just sent to the company. As a former U.S. Marine, I am offended that the very Constitution that I swore an oath to uphold is being treated like a typical piece of paper and not taken seriously for it's Citizens.
 #63008  by Mr.Skellington

This encounter was just miscommunication and was already resolved. BJ's does not prohibit OC.

If you want to send emails then I would recommend a place that DOES have a policy against carrying like Costco.
 #84589  by brich2929

Just sent Costco an email regarding OC/CC because my Sam's Club membership expired earlier this month and the wife and I are considering a changeover. I see their corporate policy, as pasted below, is anti. But I emailed them anyway to let them know they will lose a mebership on this issue. I suggest you guys do the same.

Personal Firearms/Guns in Costco Stores
Costco Wholesale is a membership-only warehouse club. It is not open to the general public. It restricts membership to a limited group of qualified individuals who agree to membership conditions. We have the right and the obligation to our members, to enact and enforce membership rules. The Member Service Employees at the exit doors are obliged to follow these rules. By obtaining a Costco membership card, our members agree to comply with the Membership Rules and the Privileges and Conditions of membership.

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.
 #84591  by Amy Blackthorn

Yes BRich. Several members including myself and my husband have left Costco memberships. In our case we were members over 10 years. BJs is all too happy to nave our guns and money.
 #84592  by brich2929

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Yes BRich. Several members including myself and my husband have left Costco memberships. In our case we were members over 10 years. BJs is all too happy to nave our guns and money.
:mrgreen:
 #84609  by sanman9781

so, in Costco's eyes, disarmed = protected...great logic...assume everyone not LEO with a firearm is a threat... :roll:
 #84623  by Boots

I've gone to BJs in Newark quite a few times while OCing over the last several years with nary a problem. As a matter of fact, when they took the picture for my membership card I was OCing.

I like BJ's Wholesale Club! :mrgreen:

Costco can go ______ ___________.
 #84636  by Amy Blackthorn

sanman9781 wrote:so, in Costco's eyes, disarmed = protected...great logic...assume everyone not LEO with a firearm is a threat... :roll:
It's worse than that Sanman. I feel they are directly responsible for a Man's death. They called the police for MWAG and the police shot and killed him.
 #84646  by sanman9781

when/where did that happen??