If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #80259  by Kuntryboy816

The Delaware Jeep Association had a meeting event there this evening. I called a few hours before and spoke with the manager. She asked if I had a permit to carry the weapon so I explained to her that I do not CC and that there was no requirement of a permit to OC. I also informed her the reason I was calling ahead of time was to avoid any disturbances to their business. She stated that her staff and the other patrons would not "feel comfortable" and asked me not to bring it inside the restaurant. I decided not to make a 45 min drive to spend my $$ there.

I did not speak with the owner yet, only the manager. Since this will be one of the clubs regular meeting spots, I will attempt to get in touch with the owner for their response. I will update after I speak with them.
 #80264  by Mr.Skellington

bmel17 wrote:this is why you don't ask for permission. OC until you are asked to leave, then politely do so.
x2

That is how it plays out nearly every time you ask for permission and I really wish there were a sticky or something to nip this practice in the bud.
 #80265  by photog

bmel17 wrote:this is why you don't ask for permission. OC until you are asked to leave, then politely do so.

Exactly!!! I understand the 45 minute drive, but chances are if you went and were open carrying, no one would have said a thing. DELOC has monthly gatherings at various restaurants, we have been doing this for 6 years, and have only been told at one establishment in all that time that our firearms were not welcome, so we left.--- It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission---

BTW.... Welcome to the forum Sir!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #80268  by Kuntryboy816

Good point! That has been my practice for the last few months since I started OC. Not sure what drove me to call this time. I didn't give my name during the call and even if I did I seriously doubt that she would've remembered 30 secs after I hung up. Next meeting I'll just plan to be there and see how they react. Thanks again y'all.
photog wrote:
BTW.... Welcome to the forum Sir!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Thanks! I posted up in the introduction section but really haven't been that active on here yet. That will change quickly as I'm OC a bit more with confidence now.

Quick question... is it better to post places that I've OC in here or start a log? I'm not sure which one users would see more or which would be more beneficial. I read through the few pages of places listed here. There were some posted (like Red Robin -Glasgow) that I was at for dinner last night. Wasn't sure if updating that thread was a good idea or not since I had no issue while I was there. There's several places that I've been to while OC that no ones yet listed in this section yet. Just curious as I'd like to get the info out to everyone.

Edit* Reason I ask is because several of the places listed haven't had in active update in awhile and that place may have changed their view of OC since that last posting.
 #80269  by scampbell3

Welcome again the the forum.

To answer your latter question, just start a separate thread in the OC Logs sub forum - "KuntryBoy's OC Log"

There you can update your OC adventures. I started one years ago, but it was getting rather boring to keep updating what does not happen. Thankfully we have Myopic and his OC log/Gastric Adventure Log for people to read. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
 #80271  by Kuntryboy816

scampbell3 wrote:Welcome again the the forum.

To answer your latter question, just start a separate thread in the OC Logs sub forum - "KuntryBoy's OC Log"

There you can update your OC adventures. I started one years ago, but it was getting rather boring to keep updating what does not happen. Thankfully we have Myopic and his OC log/Gastric Adventure Log for people to read. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chip
Thanks for the direction.

Uhh... yeah I saw Myopic's novel but I'll have to get my laptop up and running before I try and tackle that beast! It's a PIA only being able to use my iPhone at the moment.
 #80302  by photog

myopicvisionary wrote:I try to be of help to the masses.

Yes.... even to Photog.

Thank you John!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #80303  by bluedog46

Yeah best not to ask permission because many will get wishy washy.

Glad you chose not to spend your money in a place that does not respect our rights.

:applause: