If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #89688  by Amy Blackthorn

olllloJeepin wrote:Wow, name calling. Didn't think I would find that here. If my apology wasn't enough, well I'm sorry. And the reference to your sig seems pretty disturbing.

Who name called?

:confused:

Edit to add: Did you think the 'weird' was about you? Oh, no. I was refer in to the guy who called 911 on me in the Acme. I linked to that story in my comment.

I'm sorry that it disturbs you that I'm not getting into a fist fight with someone who could beat me in a fair fight. I was agreeing with you. :?
Last edited by Amy Blackthorn on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #89690  by olllloJeepin

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
olllloJeepin wrote:I surely wouldn't call 911 on a lady in a mini skirt, much less any woman. IMO women seem to be prayed upon more by some of the craziest people that I'm not so sure science fiction would want. So I think they should have a "one up" on guys to OC/CCW, Men in my opinion should be able to diffuse the situation and/or be able to negotiate a safe resolution (weather fight or flight). Women on the other had cant really talk a crazy out of dragging them down a dark alley or some guy who just won't take a hint. So it may be a biased view of things, but I'm no rapist or woman beater so I have nothing to fear from a lady with a gun.

Well this guy was a little weird anyway. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3574&p=71398#p71398

Anyway, I agree. It's harder for most women to defend against men. Many are smaller, lighter and don't have the training to use a big guy's size to their advantage. That being said, I've gotten too many threats over the years to consider NOT being able to take care of my own safety. Years ago it was death threats from people who decided their opinions about my religion were more important than my life. More recently there was a guy who worked in my building who was obsessed to the point of outlining his "plan" for me in broad daylight in the cafe of my building. (Of course when asked, no one 'saw' anything.) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3574&p=83225#p83225

"Women" in general or not, I know I can handle myself if need be. I'd just rather not get close enough to have to worry about someone like that. My Sig has longer arms than I do. :)
I believe it was you, but some made the statement

Well this guy was a little weird anyway. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3574&p=71398#p71398

Anyway, I agree. It's harder for most women to defend against men. Many are smaller, lighter and don't have the training to use a big guy's size to their advantage. That being said, I've gotten too many threats over the years to consider NOT being able to take care of my own safety. Years ago it was death threats from people who decided their opinions about my religion were more important than my life. More recently there was a guy who worked in my building who was obsessed to the point of outlining his "plan" for me in broad daylight in the cafe of my building. (Of course when asked, no one 'saw' anything.) viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3574&p=83225#p83225
 #89691  by olllloJeepin

And the rest of it.

Anyway, I agree. It's harder for most women to defend against men. Many are smaller, lighter and don't have the training to use a big guy's size to their advantage. That being said, I've gotten too many threats over the years to consider NOT being able to take care of my own safety. Years ago it was death threats from people who decided their opinions about my religion were more important than my life. More recently there was a guy who worked in my building who was obsessed to the point of outlining his "plan" for me in broad daylight in the cafe of my building. (Of course when asked, no one 'saw' anything.)
 #89692  by Amy Blackthorn

Edit to add: Did you think the 'weird' was about you? Oh, no. I was referring to the guy who called 911 on me in the Acme. I linked to that story in my comment.

I'm sorry that it disturbs you that I'm not getting into a fist fight with someone who could beat me in a fair fight. I really was agreeing with you.

I was pretty thankful that you agreed with my statement. Most men don't get it
 #89694  by olllloJeepin

Amy Blackthorn wrote:Edit to add: Did you think the 'weird' was about you? Oh, no. I was referring to the guy who called 911 on me in the Acme. I linked to that story in my comment.

I'm sorry that it disturbs you that I'm not getting into a fist fight with someone who could beat me in a fair fight. I really was agreeing with you.

I was pretty thankful that you agreed with my statement. Most men don't get it

I had to go a little further back in the post, I apologize for the miscommunication.
 #89929  by WPCatfish

Sodbuster wrote:
I don't understand that at all. I and several other members have dined there and never had a problem. We even had the May meeting there.

Wasn't Sasquatch wearing a bazooka at the May meeting?
Last edited by WPCatfish on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.