If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #97489  by xonksandman

i thought i was safe in knowing that other like minded people would understand, only 1 or 2 did.

end of thought
Last edited by xonksandman on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #97492  by Owen

Get a lawyer? Since DSP searched you, you now have proof this Eric person made false MWAG calls to the police. I think that IS illegal.
 #97496  by Boots

Apparently you're very good at creating "anti" locations in NCC.
 #97498  by astro_wanabe

#1. Costco is known to be anti-gun and isn't changing. BJ's defers to whatever is allowed under local law. I recommend switching.

#2. There is NO "open carry law" in Delaware. In Delaware, anything that is not prohibited is de facto lawful. This means that simply because there's no law against OC, by default it's lawful. This does not mean that you are authorized to OC anywhere and everywhere. On private property, you must abide by the property owner's rules. If they don't want OC on their property then they can ask you to leave, and if you refuse you may violate the trespass laws. Trespass can range from a violation to a misdemeanor. If you're going to debate the law with someone, it's important that you have a REALLY good understanding. Firearms laws are extremely complex, technical, and illogical. Also, nobody here is a lawyer (that I'm aware of) so of course none of this is legal advice either.

#3. Same as #2. I've never heard of Best Buy being anti-gun, so maybe it was just that manager. Sometimes stores have different rules for employees and customers, and the managers just don't know it. A politely worded letter / email may clear up the confusion over Best Buy's policy but please DO NOT ask before going to new places though, as this needlessly gives them a chance to ban OC. Either way, if Best Buy didn't want your business then that's their decision. Personally I don't have any need for them, since I get all my electronic stuff online. Perhaps you should vote with your dollars and shop elsewhere.

#4. (you have two #3's) If "Eric" wasn't authorized to kick you out then that's something for you to discuss with the management, which apparently you did. Note though that it doesn't have to be a "manager" that asks you to leave. The property owner, or ANY authorized person, can order you to leave. If management had asked the janitor to order you out it would have the same force as the owner ordering you out themselves. Just because he was an "assistant" doesn't mean anything.

#5. While you have the right to freedom of speech, discretion can be the better part of valor. De-escalation is an important tool, but not starting stuff is even more important. I recommend a cooler head next time.

#6. Delete what you wrote. I am certainly not qualified to advise you on if you have a case against the officers, but I think it's at least possible enough that you should consult with someone that can advise you. This law firm has experience with somewhat similar situations: The Norman Law Firm
 #97504  by Pjd832

myopicvisionary wrote:I have OCed at both the Best Buy and the Hot Shoppes without any problems.
same here...ive probably oc'ed at almost every one of the "non friendly" locations listed on this site besides the ones mentioned in this thread multiple times without incident...perhaps its my demeanor or how i carry myself.. :?: not judging...but in my opinion "hanging out"/loitering in apartment parking lots alone for an hour...or rest stops is not out of the realm of suspicious behavior...just saying...lol

op: i have to ask...is "joe goon" your wifes boss?...if so are you trying to make her job rougher?...
 #97505  by brich2929

I agree with astro.
Can Costco bc of their gun stance. They will refund your membership entirely (as I understand it) and use BJ's.
 #97519  by Kuntryboy816

brich2929 wrote:I agree with astro.
Can Costco bc of their gun stance. They will refund your membership entirely (as I understand it) and use BJ's.
...and when they ask you why you are rescinding your membership and patronizing a competitor, LET THEM KNOW EXACTLY WHY!!!
 #97526  by Boots

xonksandman wrote:i thought i was safe in knowing that other like minded people would understand, only 1 or 2 did. ....
"Like minded people"? Flipping people off is childish and only invites the other person to look for ways to get back at you. And, apparently he did.

I believe this site supports responsible open carry by responsible people, not the carrying of a loaded gun in public with an attitude. Gun owners get enough bad press without some of us asking for more.