If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #99562  by Kuntryboy816

Saturday from 11-2 we had a Show & Shine fundraiser event for the Ronald McDonald House hosted by Jeeps for Joy and Carman Dealership. I was one of the event volunteers and was there about an hour prior to the event opening at 11 and OC as usual. I parked my Jeep in the show lot and started talking with the few guys that were already there. As we were getting things set up and organized, a buddy of mine who's one of the event organizers came up to me and told me that the dealership manager had informed him that he did not want the gun on the property. My choices were to stow it or leave. As this was a charity event for a great cause and had so much time and effort already involved in it, I (unhappily) decided to lock it up in the Jeep. I was very busy the entire day and was not able to speak with the manager directly. I do intend to send an email voicing my concerns and will relay any response received.

I wonder if I was there ready to spend +$20k on a new Jeep if he'd have the same frame of mind?!? As far as I'm concerned, when we go to purchase a new vehicle for my wife in the next year or so, they may have just knocked themselves out of any consideration of patronage. We'll see how they respond.
 #99572  by Bullpup

This reminded me of something that happened with Jeep around 15 years or so ago, when I owned a Wrangler. I signed up to attend a "Jeep Jamboree" and in the paperwork I received it said that no firearms were to be carried at these events. This seemed odd to me, since rugged off-road vehicles and firearms naturally go together! I contacted Jeep about this and never got a reply. Wonder what their current stance is?
 #99583  by Kuntryboy816

Just to clarify, the event didn't have anything to do with Chrysler or Jeep as a corporation.

Jeeps for Joy (JFJ) is a charity offshoot of the Delaware Jeep Association (DeJA).

The decision to not allow the firearm was made solely by the management of Carman Chrysler Jeep Dodge, not any of the JFJ event staff or any member of DeJA. I've OC'ed to many of the club and charity events w/o any issues at all. As a matter of fact, the one who was sent to bear the bad news is an avid pro-2A'er. I am pretty certain of several people who were more than likely CC at the event.

This just goes to show that if the sheeple don't see it, they remain blissfully ignorant. :roll:
 #99585  by Dugan

I can wait to get my truck going again.

Speaking of Deja, that guy you referred to me has had me do almost everything on his jeep.

When you coming by for that courtesy welding hehe :lol: :lol:
 #99592  by WPCatfish

Kuntryboy816 wrote:
I wonder if I was there ready to spend +$20k on a new Jeep if he'd have the same frame of mind?!? As far as I'm concerned, when we go to purchase a new vehicle for my wife in the next year or so, they may have just knocked themselves out of any consideration of patronage. We'll see how they respond.
Back when I was selling cars, the only issue we ever had with a 'weapon' was that the used car manager refused to appraise a car that had two Rottweilers in the back seat, unless the owner came along with him.
 #99593  by dave_in_delaware

Kuntryboy816 wrote:... the dealership manager had informed him that he did not want the gun on the property.
Private property = owner's (or owner's representative) desires, regardless of how we feel about it. The charity may be cool with OC, but the event was being held on private property so it's whatever the owner feels.
Kuntryboy816 wrote:My choices were to stow it or leave.
Irony = owner didn't want guns on the property, yet (I assume) you were parked on the same property with a stowed firearm... :lol: Another case of "out of sight out of mind" I guess.
Kuntryboy816 wrote:I do intend to send an email voicing my concerns and will relay any response received.
Are you looking for clarification as to the owner's stance on firearms? Are you thinking that the manager and owner may not see eye-to-eye on the matter? If the owner truly is anti-guns, then your efforts are moot since any email/letter arguing your stance won't change his/her mind. But let us know what the reply says.
Kuntryboy816 wrote:I wonder if I was there ready to spend +$20k on a new Jeep if he'd have the same frame of mind?!? As far as I'm concerned, when we go to purchase a new vehicle for my wife in the next year or so, they may have just knocked themselves out of any consideration of patronage. We'll see how they respond.
I would just show up armed (like usual) to shop/buy a car one day. If the owner or manager or salesperson has a problem with your gun, then you take your business elsewhere. Simple.
 #99594  by WVisHome

I'm actually in the market for a car...if I get a chance I'll pay them a visit as a customer and judge their response.