You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #64007  by cappilot06

Monday, March 19th 2012, 6pm

My wife, daughter and I met Photog and SigGirl at Bahama Breeze at the Christiana Mall for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Great food, great service, and great company. No issues whatsoever and we had a great waitress who didn't seem to care at all that we were armed.

A great evening as usual!

I forgot to mention that we stopped into Dick's Sporting goods before dinner to get some fishing stuff and as usual there were no problems. I don't usually even bother to mention this stop anymore due to their favorable corporate policy.
 #64019  by photog

+1 ;) ;) ;)

We had a great time as well.... Thanks for the invite!!!
 #64085  by cappilot06

photog wrote:+1 ;) ;) ;)

We had a great time as well.... Thanks for the invite!!!
Well it took us a while to go through the Rolodex until we found someone who would go, but it was a great night anyway! :D
 #76049  by cappilot06

Saturday, December 1 2012, all day

Started the day off by attending the Claymont Christmas parade. We were outside for about an hour and a half on the sidewalk with no issues at all. I was seen by about every law enforcement agency around, and even got the nod from two state troopers as well as the NCC mounted patrol (who threw Abbie extra candy also).

We then headed to Champs restaurant in the Concord mall. No issues as usual. We then walked to The Children's Place clothing store where my wife works PT. We were in there for about a half hour. The manager and assistant manager never batted an eye. The state troopers walking the mall and security also never approached us.

Finally, we met a friend of ours for dinner later in the evening at the Olive Garden on 202. We were there for about 2 hours and had a great dinner as usual.

A great OC day all told.
 #76127  by bluedog46

cappilot06 wrote:Saturday, December 1 2012, all day

Started the day off by attending the Claymont Christmas parade. We were outside for about an hour and a half on the sidewalk with no issues at all. I was seen by about every law enforcement agency around, and even got the nod from two state troopers as well as the NCC mounted patrol (who threw Abbie extra candy also).

We then headed to Champs restaurant in the Concord mall. No issues as usual. We then walked to The Children's Place clothing store where my wife works PT. We were in there for about a half hour. The manager and assistant manager never batted an eye. The state troopers walking the mall and security also never approached us.

Finally, we met a friend of ours for dinner later in the evening at the Olive Garden on 202. We were there for about 2 hours and had a great dinner as usual.

A great OC day all told.
It is good that one of our malls is gun friendly since Christiana mall will ask you to secure it or leave.
 #76201  by bluedog46

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
bluedog46 wrote: It is good that one of our malls is gun friendly since Christiana mall will ask you to secure it or leave.
Or conceal. ;)
I was not aware they would ask you to conceal if they see it. I thought they would just ask you to leave.
 #76257  by bluedog46

Amy Blackthorn wrote:I was suggesting that there are members here with their CCDW who conceal rather than OC if they need to go to the mall.
Ok got ya. I actually thought they might have changed their policies and would just ask if you can tuck your shirt over it.
 #76438  by cappilot06

Saturday, December 8 2012, evening

My wife works at the Concord Mall. My daughter and I met her after the end of her shift to have dinner. We had a great meal at the new restaurant "Noodles and Company", and we highly recommend it! When we were leaving, we passed a Delaware State Trooper on his way into the mall who clearly saw that I was carrying. I got "the nod" and he just kept on going.

No issues with LEO's or screaming patrons during the hour and a half or so we were in the mall.

A good OC evening.