You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #76470  by cappilot06

Friday, December 14 2012, evening

Had dinner with my wife and kids at Red Robin in Brandywine Towne Center before the wife had to go to work. Had a great time and cherished every minute of it. After what happened today i Newtown, Conn, you can never take anything for granted.

We had a great waitress and neither her, the staff, or the patrons seemed to care that I was armed in spite of the tragedy today.

A good OC day, yet horrific day of national news. Thoughts are with the families who lost loved ones today in a senseless act of cowardice.
 #76564  by cappilot06

Saturday, December 15 2012, afternoon

Stopped for groceries at the Superfresh on Philly Pike. Quite a few stares today, but nobody said a word. The cashier was also very helpful and didn't seem to mind that I was carrying. It was business as usual.
 #76593  by cappilot06

Sunday, December 16 2012, morning

Made a quick run to the store to get more stuff for a fresh batch of sausage dip for tonight. In and out with no issues as usual, although a lot of stares today.

Also stopped at the Dunkin Donuts at Marsh and Silverside Road. Nobody seemed to bat and eye or care about the man with the gun.
 #76993  by cappilot06

Thursday, December 20 2012, evening

The family and I went to the new Mexican restaurant on Philly Pike, El Tapatio, for dinner. It was quite busy by the time we left, but nobody seemed to bat an eye at the man with the gun and no patrons went running out of the door.
 #76994  by cappilot06

Friday, December 21 2012, evening

Went to pick up dinner from Claymont Steak Shop on Philly Pike. Was inside for about 10 min waiting, but no issues other than a few less than upstanding citizens who tried to get as far away as possible. Once again, nobody ran out the door screaming.

Also stopped to fill up the wife's truck at Wawa. The DE state trooper who was walking out of the store with his coffee clearly saw that I was carrying, but never paid me any mind.
 #77053  by cappilot06

Saturday, December 22 2012, morning

My daughter and I were out and about a lot today. First stopped at Dunkin Donuts to grab a coffee and her a hot chocolate. Very friendly as usual.

We then headed to Bed, Bath, and Beyond at Brandywine Towne Center. We were inside about 30 min browsing and nothing was said. Even had a couple employees come up asking if they could help us find anything, and they honestly were only asking to help. They didn't seem nervous or scared at all that I was carrying. We only bought one thing, but it was a very pleasant trip.

Next we headed to Target in the same shopping center. We were inside about 30 min also, and no issues at all. The state trooper inside watched me as we walked by, but never approached or followed.

We finally went and met my wife at the Concord Mall, while she was on her break. The security guards never even noticed, so once more I hope everyone feels "safe". They were as clueless as most people we passed. The few people who did notice, didn't seem to care. I was even approached by an elderly gentleman asking if DE was an open-carry state also. Seems he is a PA resident and wasn't sure about the DE laws. Good encounter.

A great OC day.
 #77322  by cappilot06

Thursday, December 27 2012, evening

Went to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law at Two Stone's Pub in Newark (Marrow's Road and Route 4). We were both OC'ing, and were inside for about 2 1/2 hours. Everyone was very friendly and no issues at all. It was very crowded by the time we left also.

We then went for coffee at Starbuck's at People's Plaza before heading home. We were probably sitting in there for about 45 min talking before heading back to get the kids. Once again, no issues and nobody seemed to care.

A good OC evening.
 #77339  by cappilot06

I've read a few of your encounters.lol. I still say that, so far, Concord Mall has treated me better than Christiana. Although it could just be dumb luck so far and the one security guard or cop that wants to make a case out of it hasn't passed me.