You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #1274  by myopicvisionary

May 23rd, 2008
Went to Lowes (of course), then to Zingo's and Mee Garden to pick up supper. The lady at Mee garden saw it, smiled and said "Thank you, come back soon".
 #1278  by myopicvisionary

May 24th, 2008
Went to Speedy gas to get some gas for the lawnmower. There was a guy on foot panhandling near the pumps. While I was fueling, I heard several patrons decline his requests for money. After they left he spotted me and the military parking decal in my windshield. He started up with "Sir, are you a vet?" He obviously didn't recognize the staff sergeant decal also on the windshield. "Can you help a disabled retired vet with some change for the bus to Wilmington?" I told him that Wilmington is east of here and that he belonged on the other side of the highway if he wanted to go to Wilmington. I said I might be able to help if he showed me his DD Form 2. "What's that?" I informed him that it was his military ID card and that I was suspect about his veteran status especially during this weekend. He started to get an attitude and began to bellow about when he was a Marine SEAL (yes, he actually said Marine SEAL!). He started to aproach me angrily and I turned to face him. Then he saw the Kimber and suddenly lost his voice. All I ever did was ask a question. At this time someone came from inside the station and told him to leave before they called the police.
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Sat May 24, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1279  by LordJim

Then he saw the Kimber and suddenly lost his voice.
An armed society is a polite society. :)

-
Jim
 #1282  by stephpd

myopicvisionary wrote:I said I might be able to help if he showed me his DD Form 2. "What's that?" I informed him that was his military ID card and that I was suspect about his veteran status especially during this weekend. He started to get an attitude and began to bellow about when he was a Marine SEAL (yes, he actually said Marine SEAL!).
I haven't seen my (dd -214?) since I put it in a folder years ago. Ain't got no card.

Marine Seal---- to funny! That must have been when the Marines were still part of the Navy.
 #1286  by myopicvisionary

Anytime I am asked for ID (like when I use my credit card in a store) I always show my military ID. It tends to get me better service.
 #1287  by Wynder

myopicvisionary wrote:Anytime I am asked for ID (like when I use my credit card in a store) I always show my military ID. It tends to get me better service.
Next time, I'm using my Conceal License. :)
 #1328  by myopicvisionary

May 25th, 2008
Mary and I spent a lot of time at Lowe's garden center. One or two people saw it yet no reactions.
 #1331  by myopicvisionary

May 26th, 2008
I had breakfast at Crossroads this morning. While sitting at the counter eating, a little boy said to his father "Look, he has a gun". Nobody freaked, but the father asked me which PD I worked for. I told him none as I was not a police officer. He asked me how I could carry a gun around. I said, "The same way you can; openly, as permitted by the Delaware state constitution". The guy was stunned as he said that he had never heard of that. An older gentleman down the counter chimed in "I had heard that but I never dared to try". I told them about the website so perhaps they'll stop in and chat.
 #1333  by dave_in_delaware

myopicvisionary wrote:... I told them about the website so perhaps they'll stop in and chat.
Excellent recruiting, Sir! Good job.

Now, we must discuss your Lowes addiction....