You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #54226  by WPCatfish

photog wrote: Nothing but out-of-staters at Rehoboth anyway...

So the sign up at the intersection of DE 1 and Barratt's Chapel Road that said 'PA Go Home' isn't working?
 #54262  by photog

Unfortunately.... no.... :( :( :(
 #54264  by Sodbuster

WPCatfish wrote:
photog wrote: Nothing but out-of-staters at Rehoboth anyway...

So the sign up at the intersection of DE 1 and Barratt's Chapel Road that said 'PA Go Home' isn't working?
I wondered where that sign came from. Now I have an good suspicion. 8-)
 #54289  by WPCatfish

Sodbuster wrote:
I wondered where that sign came from. Now I have an good suspicion. 8-)
If I put it up, it would have said NJ go home. Hmm...can I borrow your deuce and a half?
 #54294  by NormH3

I don't do Rehobeth anymore..not since I discovered the Outer Banks. I thought it was the Washington DC (and suburbs) crowd more than PA and NJ.
 #54298  by Sodbuster

WPCatfish wrote:
If I put it up, it would have said NJ go home. Hmm...can I borrow your deuce and a half?

First I have to see if you can handle one. If you're coming to the meeting Sat., you can take the driving test. :)
 #54306  by Guard_Duck

Sodbuster wrote:
WPCatfish wrote:

First I have to see if you can handle one. If you're coming to the meeting Sat., you can take the driving test. :)
Sounds like I might have to bring the video camera, :pointlaugh:
 #55962  by photog

Sitting at Barnes & Noble on Rt. 202 tonight waiting for a client. A man comes over to me and introduces himself as the store manager. Apparently, the man sitting at another table in the coffee bar area noticed my firearm and got scared. (I always OC there, but then CC just before my client shows) So the manager kindly asks me if I'm law enforcement, I respond "no". He then asks if I have a permit to carry. I say yes, but open carry does not require a license. He says " yes it does!" After educating him on the laws in Delaware, he admits that he lives in Pa. and says he doesn't know the Delaware laws. I inform him that I DO and then continue to tell him about the difference between OC and CC. He was very polite, seemed very receptive and thanked me for the information. I then offered to CC to put the nervous nellie at ease, (since my client would be arriving shortly anyway) He thanked me again and left.

Once again, I am left pondering the thought of what the hell is the difference if I cover my firearm or not.... I'M STILL CARRYING A GUN!!!!! It amazes me that people are completely at ease knowing that a firearm is covered by a piece of fabric, but frightened to death if they see it... ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 #55968  by dave_in_delaware

Out of sight, out of mind. They can't be scared of something that they're afraid of if they can't see it in the first place. I'm talking about the patron who was freaked out in the first place.

Kudos for your patience and willingness to educate him. When I started reading your post, I thought it was going to end differently. Good job!
 #55992  by photog

Thanks Dave...

In all honesty.. I would have had to conceal a few minutes later anyway, just before my client arrived. I guess that's why I didn't make more of a fuss about it. But, as always, it is always nice to educate folks about the laws.....