You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #66518  by photog

Actually, I remember hearing of a case a few years ago of a Pa. man who was stopped, detained and questioned by the Rehoboth P.D. for OCing. After the encounter, he made such a stink to the Chief of the R.P.D. that there has not been a problem since. ( I believe that DMac, who lives down in that area, could perhaps shed some light on this)

Last year, SigGirl and I were walking down the boardwalk, walking right past 2 R.P.D. officers, they looked at me, seeing my pistol, and continued on never saying a word... I have never had an issue there....
 #66519  by scampbell3

Lascivious1 wrote:
I know its legal to OC in Rehobeth. but i thought i read to be prepared to get harrased by the local leo's. i guess something like the killmington police?
Your information is incorrect.
 #66521  by jslacker

Does the salt air have anything to do with why the Rehoboth Beach PD carry stainless revolvers?
 #66523  by BigJoe

jslacker wrote:Does the salt air have anything to do with why the Rehoboth Beach PD carry stainless revolvers?
They aren't revolvers, they are corrosion resistant pens for writing parking tickets.
 #66526  by DMac

I have been OCing down here for almost five years now. I've been all over Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island, including the boardwalks, retail stores, restaurants, etc. with never a problem. Also, I have had contact with multiple LEOs, with nothing but positive experiences. I encourage all of you OCers in the north of the state to come on down!
 #68001  by photog

Enjoying dinner with SigGirl, scampbell3 and ChipsWife @ Ruby Tuesday's in Rehoboth on Saturday. Very amused at the gentlemen seated at the booth across from us, saw Chip's Glock 21, got the spook eyes, :shock: :shock: :shock: then got up and saw ChipsWife and myself all carrying... the look was priceless!!!

Must have been from New Jersey or New Yawk.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #68004  by jslacker

I see a lot from PA.
 #68006  by scampbell3

photog wrote:Enjoying dinner with SigGirl, scampbell3 and ChipsWife @ Ruby Tuesday's in Rehoboth on Saturday. Very amused at the gentlemen seated at the booth across from us, saw Chip's Glock 21, got the spook eyes, :shock: :shock: :shock: then got up and saw ChipsWife and myself all carrying... the look was priceless!!!

Must have been from New Jersey or New Yawk.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Had a great time as always.

I will also have to agree with DMac. OCing at the beach is not a problem. Since we live down here, Vic and I OC all over the area both in the off season and during the moron season. We have never had any issues in nearly 4 years. There have been a few humors "encounters" with out-of-staters, but never any problems.

Chip