You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #22961  by photog

Thanks to all for posting your OC travels! :applause: I decided to take my first OC walk today. Kind of had that neon "I HAVE A GUN" sign feeling. Went to TD Bank on Rt.273, (the one that got robbed a few weeks ago) had 1 person look at me for a minute, but that was it. Then went to Pep Boys on Rt.13, there was a "Wackenhut Security" guard who saw me, just gave me "the nod" but said nothing. Finally went to Pathmark on Rt.13, got my item and was in line. A mother and her child were behind me, the boy says "LOOK MOM, A GUN!" I must admit, I felt a little uneasy (inside) but just turned and smiled at the boy, and nodded at the mother.

Question, was there a better way to handle that? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Have a nice day! 8-)
 #22964  by Boots

myopicvisionary wrote:Handled just fine.
+1 :D
 #22965  by scampbell3

Good job, well done....welcome to the dark side. :applause: :applause:

"... Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny" - Yoda.

Chip
 #22967  by George

photog wrote:Thanks to all for posting your OC travels! :applause: I decided to take my first OC walk today. Kind of had that neon "I HAVE A GUN" sign feeling. Went to TD Bank on Rt.273, (the one that got robbed a few weeks ago) had 1 person look at me for a minute, but that was it. Then went to Pep Boys on Rt.13, there was a "Wackenhut Security" guard who saw me, just gave me "the nod" but said nothing. Finally went to Pathmark on Rt.13, got my item and was in line. A mother and her child were behind me, the boy says "LOOK MOM, A GUN!" I must admit, I felt a little uneasy (inside) but just turned and smiled at the boy, and nodded at the mother.

Question, was there a better way to handle that? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Have a nice day! 8-)
I know how the first time is: you have read everything and are sure you're right, but that big flashing neon sign! But first OC in a bank... "the force is strong in this one!"
 #22970  by DMac

You could not have handled the incident in a better way. And don't worry. Soon your weapon will soon become as natural a part of your daily accessories as your cell phone.
 #22978  by KevXD45

George wrote:
...first OC in a bank... "the force is strong in this one!"
Amen, George!

Way to go, Photog! :applause:

My neon sign is still there... but it seems to get dimmer every day.

The best thing about this forum is the reassurance from veterans, and access to the legalities of OC.
 #22981  by cappilot06

Awesome job!! I have to admit my first OC into a bank didn't occur until at least 6 months to a year after my first OC. Great job!
 #23000  by photog

Thank you gentlemen for your comments / compliments. :applause:

As some of you have stated, I'm sure that it will get even easier as time goes by.

Have a nice day!! 8-)
 #23088  by photog

Went to TD Bank (rt.273) again today, no one took notice!! Then off to Sears, (prices corner) to get some driveway sealer. Walked all through the tool dept. (like a kid in a candy store) a lot of employees noticed my "friend", had about five of them ask me if they could be of any help.

I realize that I'm new to OC, but Is it just me, or do people seem friendlier when you are carrying??

Have a nice day! 8-)