You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #31712  by George

Mr.Skellington wrote:
scampbell3 wrote:For those who know me, I certainly could not pass for a LEO by any stretch of the imagination, especially wearing a sweatshirt and an old pair of jeans I use for working on the cars.

Chip
No, I could see you easily being confused as an officer.

The part of the story I question is that you reached the top shelf :P :lol:

:lol: HAHAHAHA.

I think in the sheeple's minds the sight of gun so automatically says COP that it must take 50 lbs off me
 #31732  by Amy Blackthorn

photog wrote: I also agree with Dale, people also seem to be more polite to you when you OC. This country would be a better place if more people open carried.
It's funny that you mention this, I always go above and beyond for manners and politeness, especially when in a restaurant. (my sisters all worked waitstaff). But people seem to NOTICE me being polite more when I'm carrying. Weird.
 #31742  by Tony T

Godasmypilot wrote:About the NJ couple, can you say culture shock? Good entries Chip, I guess I'll have to start a log too!
I just found out that Jersey has a "leaving the state" Exit tax! You decide to leave the state and they still jump in your pocket one last time. Crazy.

I simply won't set foot in that state. Nothing there interests me, thank god. Hell, I don't even travel to MD much anymore due to their gun laws. Their loss, I'll spend my cash in Delaware and PA.
 #34490  by scampbell3

Well campers, it has been a number of months since I updated this log.

Unfortunately, due to my business travel I do not get to OC very much (especially the last 3 months). I have still OC'd at the usual places. Gas stations, Royal Farms, etc. As of today, still no screaming soccer moms fleeing for their lives, no little children wetting their pants at the sight of a gun, and most important, no SWAT team call out.

Today I finally got the motorcycle running again, While I was in the driveway getting my bike ready, a car stops in front of the house and the driver asks If I could help him, he needed directions. When he stopped, my weak side was towards him, as I walked up to the end of the driveway, the wife apperently noticed the G21 instanly. She has the typical :shock: look on her face. As I am giving directions to the driver, she is rolling up all of the other windows in the car and pulling her seat belt tighter. :lol: The driver paid no attention to it. As they drove off, I saw that they are from NJ. (I wonder what the disscusion in the car was like after they left? :roll: )

After that, I took a long ride to the beaches today...OC style :D . Rehobeth, Dewey, Lewes, Cape Henelopen (not the state park). I can tell you will riding 1A in Robohomo, I received plenty of this... :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o . Mostly from those with NJ, NY, PA, MD, tags. Motored by Robo, Lewes, and Georgetown PD all doing traffic watch. No issues. Two Lewes Officers definitely took notice. They were shooting radar on the side of the road, and standing outside of their cars. As I passed them at 25 mph, they put their radar down and stopped what they were doing to stare at me as I passed :shock: :shock: . An interesting view in my mirrors.
Other then that, nothing else to report. Another good OC day.

Carry on.

Chip