You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #30744  by Godasmypilot

I've been remiss in my OC log! No fear, I have been OCing since my last entry. Since my last entry I took a good friend to the Texas Roadhouse in Camden on Valentine's Day. We enjoyed some great food and none of the staff mentioned my pistol. It's my second time OCing while dining there, I'd say they are pro OC. I'm glad they aren't anti, because I'd hate to have to boycott them like the Wagon Wheel!

Went to return an item at the Camden Wal-Mart today, no problems encountered, not many people seemed to notice. Later I went and picked up some grain at TSC, people there notice but they don't go wide-eyed.
 #34032  by Godasmypilot

OC'd at the Nur Temple gun show.
On my way, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts, a few people were clearly not used to being in such close proximity with a gun...but no MWAG 911 call, so I was cool, a fellow actually asked if I was headed to the gun show, of course I replied "Yes!".

A bunch of people noticed, and many questions were asked because of my tshirt actually, not the Beretta on my hip! :P I gave people some information on bits of paper out of my record book, I need to get to another OC gathering for some cards! Many people were surprised, but they weren't panicked at all, the usual reply is "What is that website? Could you write it down for me?" Of course I comply with a smile! Met a retired officer from Lousiana who had some questions, cool guy, asked me about the "Can you OC with a CCDW?" controversy, I laid his doubts to rest. Apparently a guy who came to his table was very adamant that OC with a CCDW was taboo, *sigh*, they keep floating around......
 #34034  by Boots

Godasmypilot wrote:... Apparently a guy who came to his table was very adamant that OC with a CCDW was taboo, *sigh*, they keep floating around......
I wonder what state Mr. Adamant was from! Or, maybe a Dover resident?
 #34044  by Amy Blackthorn

Godasmypilot wrote:OC'd at the Nur Temple gun show.
On my way, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts, a few people were clearly not used to being in such close proximity with a gun...but no MWAG 911 call, so I was cool, a fellow actually asked if I was headed to the gun show, of course I replied "Yes!".

Hope to see you there tomorrow! ;)
 #34721  by Godasmypilot

After having a wonderful time trap shooting at Grizzly Adams' place, Abby and I went to Bowers Beach and walked around. We were there at low tide, very cool, could walk out from the shore line at least 100 ft and be standing only ankle deep in water. Plus you had to watch out that you didn't step on a burrowed horseshoe crab...lol, they aren't always easy to spot!

Some people noticed, but there were no issues that arose. No, "OMG, a MWAG wading in the sand/mud!" Lol, maybe they couldn't see me, was still wearing my BDU pants....haha!
 #37973  by Godasmypilot

Went to the last Sussex 9-12 meeting with the 92. Got some comments and compliments, a fellow was very interested and I gave him DELOC info.

Have been doing business in the Artisan's Bank and the Sussex County Federal Credit Union in Milford. No comments, no raised eyebrows, no worries. Also, the Milford Goodwill isn't anti-OC either.

In the past month or so I've started to get involved with training for the USCG Auxiliary. The meetings for the flotilla are down at the Nantucket River Yacht Club, no worries there either.
 #37990  by Boots

Godasmypilot wrote:... The meetings for the flotilla are down at the Nantucket River Yacht Club, no worries there either.
Where is that located?

Nanticoke River Yacht Club?
 #38635  by Godasmypilot

Boots wrote:
Godasmypilot wrote:... The meetings for the flotilla are down at the Nantucket River Yacht Club, no worries there either.
Where is that located?

Nanticoke River Yacht Club?
Good heavens, what a typo! Yes Boots, Nanticoke Yacht Club. Very good group, hoping to learn a lot with these folks.
 #38636  by Godasmypilot

OC'd tonight at the Sussex county 9-12 Patriots meeting. Great bunch of folks there. This evening more folks asked me about open carry than last month. A candidate running for Attorney General, Doug Campbell, was very direct and vocal in his support for open carry and speeding up the CCDW process. He is on Facebook, but does not have a website as of yet, he is a late entry in the race but I think he has a chance against Beau, we shall see. I informed him of our group and he would like to attend a meeting or two, so you will hear more about him.
 #38927  by Godasmypilot

Carried again at the Sussex County Federal Credit Union location in Milford while making a deposit there. The folks there don't seem to notice.