You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #2875  by Oktane

Well I went into Xring today, after having to wait a week for the feds to approve my app and picked up my first handgun. A springfield XDm. Almost crapped my pants went the guy said "Morris, yeah man you've been flagged, no way I can sell you a gun." After having my stomach hit the floor I replied, "Did you say Morris, the last name is Norris, with an N." After some laughter, he replied that he made a mistake and that mine was perfectly fine. So I decided to strap it on and go across the street to Lowes and get some new propane. Stomach dropped again went an employee walked up to me and said "Sir, you can't have that in here." To which I replied, "I didnt see any signs posted, and I am well within my rights." After a confused look she said, "I'm sorry but we cant have propane tanks inside, its a fire hazard." So I wiped the sweat off my brow and told her no problem, didnt know about the propane policy. Headed over the Jake's, got a burger. A few looks here and there, but nothing unusual at all. Not bad for a first day.
 #2878  by stephpd

LOL!

+1 on the propane joke! :D
 #2879  by myopicvisionary

Wait a week!? I've never waited more than 15 minutes.
 #2884  by Wynder

ROFL!

Is that the Lowes Myopic normally goes into?

+1 for standing up for you rights to keep and bear a.... propane tank. :lol:

Just razzin' ya!
 #2887  by myopicvisionary

Yes, that is the Lowes where Mary works. Anyone needing a new kitchen stop in and see her.
 #2891  by Oktane

myopicvisionary wrote:Wait a week!? I've never waited more than 15 minutes.
Yeah the guy said that it has been happening alot lately. I dont know, my first gun so I didnt think anything of it.
 #2896  by cappilot06

Congrats on your first OC!!
 #3445  by dave_in_delaware

Any more OC experiences since your first?

(Gotta love the propane tank "confusion" ...) :?
 #3530  by Oktane

I have open carried everyday since last post. Unfortunetaly I have not had any more propane experiences, funny as it was. And nothing really substantial to report. On occasional double take but thats it. Were I have been getting the most grief from has actually been from friends. They think that I've finally lost it. I try to educate them on open carry but most cant even believe I own a fire arm.
 #3531  by myopicvisionary

Keep carrying without talking to them about it. Soon it will be as normal to your friends as your cell phone on your belt. And keep posting so we can see what places are OC friendly. I often go out of my way to visit the places others have carried at. Just reinforcing the message to the sheep.