You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #43986  by WPCatfish

wwd wrote: Well, I guess here could use depleted uranium rounds.... :lol: :ugeek:
Depleted my @$$. Let's go for it! :twisted:[/quote]

Glow in the dark rounds...could be onto something there...
 #43990  by GatorDude

WPCatfish wrote:
wwd wrote: Well, I guess here could use depleted uranium rounds.... :lol: :ugeek:
Depleted my @$$. Let's go for it! :twisted:

Glow in the dark rounds...could be onto something there...[/quote]

Sort of like tracers except you can see 'em even inside the target! :mrgreen:
 #44014  by Boots

wwd wrote:... So he asked why I carry. When I said "for self protection" he asked if I was expecting trouble. ....
My answer goes something like this: "No, I'm not. But trouble usually finds people when they're not expecting it, so it's best to be prepared. And, if I were expecting trouble, I just wouldn't go there."
 #45397  by wwd

OC'd to BJ's/Pencader...damned alarm goes off when I enter and exit. I just ignore the thing. Nobody noticed or cared. Then later at Texas Roadhouse/Bear. Only one eyeball noticed, turned away and just continued with normal conversation. Again, no screaming parents, no panic and mayhem. What's that line from A BRONX TALE? "Nobody cares".
 #45399  by GatorDude

I don't think your gun is setting off that alarm....
 #46023  by wwd

GatorDude wrote:I don't think your gun is setting off that alarm....
You may be correct. OC'd to BJ's yesterday. The alarm didn't go off on my way in, but did on the way out. (there's some palming humor around, but I'll leave it be on the internet. :| )

Anyway, no eyes dropping, nobody noticed that I saw. Also OC'd Saturday with my 6yrold, tho' I still keep my strong side away. Went to Total Wine/Rt7, then over to Captains Catch on K/wood. Nobody cared...just another shopper carrying waist material.
 #46026  by GatorDude

I kept setting off the alarm at Rite Aid before. In or out...it didn't matter. Turned out, I had one of those magnetic thingys (security sensors) in my wallet... :lol:
 #46030  by BigJoe

wwd wrote: I want to find out what I can do about my pet allergies, as I would like my boy to have one. We'll see.
Have you looked into the poodle mixed breeds? My buddy has bad allergies when it comes to pets. He has a weimardoodle and hasn't had any problems with his allergies. I don't think the poodle produces dander which seems to be the culprit with most pet allergies. The labradoodles look cool and have the happy go lucky temperment of a lab. Just a thought.
 #46415  by wwd

BigJoe wrote:
wwd wrote: I want to find out what I can do about my pet allergies, as I would like my boy to have one. We'll see.
Have you looked into the poodle mixed breeds? My buddy has bad allergies when it comes to pets. He has a weimardoodle and hasn't had any problems with his allergies. I don't think the poodle produces dander which seems to be the culprit with most pet allergies. The labradoodles look cool and have the happy go lucky temperment of a lab. Just a thought.
Thanks. It's something to look into. What the hell is a weimardoodle? I'll surf a little. My wife is pet-particular, and my boy is actually talking of a cat (crab bait?) right now. So we'll see.
 #46417  by jslacker

My nephew has pet allergies as well and when he comes to our house the cat seems to set him off just as bad as our dog. Our dog is not hypo-allergenic, but does have short hair so the dander is kept to the minimum, not to mention shes just so cute! If you never seen a puggle before, google it. :)