You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #34560  by GrizzlyAdams

GrizzlyAdams wrote:Went to Georgetown this morning. Used the ATM. Got a few gawks. Walked into the Dollar General and got bubbles. No one noticed my Glock. Went to re-qualify for the next year. Passed with flying bullets... :o Went home to the wife. She said we needed to go out but for me to leave my gun at home. I said no. So it ended up that I said that I want her to come with me and the decision is hers. We went to Quizno's. The employee seemed to be nervous. Several people came in. My strong side was visible and a few people noticed but no one said a word. We stopped at Taco Bell. I went in to get a free drink with a coupon. The young man at the counter was excited. I asked his age: 23. He asked if I was a cop. I said no. He had all kinds of questions. When I mentioned OC he proceeded to talk about 1000 hours of training to carry... CC. He was flabbergasted when I went on to explain what OC was. I invited him to the gathering on June 12th as my guest. He said he would bring something. Gave him the website address also. There was a young fellah and his mother there in line. The youngster was about 9 and home schooled. He went on to tell me that he purchases BB guns off the internet from E-Bay.I told him to keep his grades up and be a model citizen and he could OC when he grows. Him mom was nice and was proud of her son. Went into Walmart. Seems the only people in Walmart that notice is the ones that have that "inmate" mentality... :shock:
GrizzlyAdams
 #34564  by scampbell3

GrizzlyAdams wrote:... Went into Walmart. Seems the only people in Walmart that notice is the ones that have that "inmate" mentality... :shock:
GrizzlyAdams

:lol: :lol: :lol: You just described more then half of the people in the Seaford Wally World on any given night. I NEVER go to the Seaford Wal-Mart unarmed.

CHip
 #34565  by GrizzlyAdams

I'm just glad that my wife has come to terms with my OC. I just wish I could get the same with some 190 whitehall now and then... "doh"
 #34771  by GrizzlyAdams

Went to Kentucky Fried Chicken/Taco Bell in George Town at 9 and 13. Got a few looks. I asked the Manager what the policy was and he said that he did not know. I asked if he cared and he said that he didn't care if I OC'd or not. One of the employees that had physical disabilities and had very limited use of his arms and hands asked if I would take him out back and finish him off. I'm sure he was just kidding. My response was:"I wouldn't do that to anyone". Now on the other hand. If my daughter comes home under "house arrest" the state wants to disarm me. Her charges had nothing to do with weapons. But they said that it is still their rules. I am trying to argue the point. My only hope at this point is that my employment will dictate other wise. I am at the mercy of the P and P. Or, I can just tell my daughter that she will have to stay in prison...
GrizzlyAdams
 #34805  by myopicvisionary

I never ask for permission. If they want me to leave, then my wallet, my pistol and myself will never return.
 #34808  by GatorDude

myopicvisionary wrote:I never ask for permission. If they want me to leave, then my wallet, my pistol and myself will never return.
That's probably the better approach anyway. You should assume only the insane would want you to leave.... :D
 #34810  by Mr.Skellington

myopicvisionary wrote:I never ask for permission. If they want me to leave, then my wallet, my pistol and myself will never return.
Bingo. I don't offer the opportunity for discussion of the exercise of my rights. If someone feels so strongly against the 2A that they want me to leave then they have find to nerve bring up the subject themselves.

On this site I keep a list of places that are anti-2A so that anyone can easily avoid supporting those businesses.
 #34818  by DMac

I agree that it's a better policy NOT to ask. When we open carry we are exercisng a fundamental right, the right of self protection. That right is confirmed by the U.S. Constitution and by the constitution of the state of Delaware. Therefore, why should we ask for permission to do something that we have the right to do? We should instead, expect that our right to open carry will be respected by anyone doing business in the state of Delaware.

Of course a business owner, or representative thereof, can choose to exercise their right as a property owner and ask us to leave. However, most businesses (e.g. Starbucks, Walmart, Lowes, etc.) are deferring to state and local laws. This is all the more reason for us to expect that our right to open carry will be respected by those in the marketplace.