You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #35095  by GatorDude

CorBon wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote:June 28th
First a trip to Best Buy on kirkwood hwy. IMO they may need to rethink the store name. Maybe its just me but it seems like prices are creeping up in that place.
No Circuit City, no reason to even try keeping prices down.
They have new competition now--HHGregg and 6th Avenue Electronics
 #35098  by CorBon

GatorDude wrote:
CorBon wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote:June 28th
First a trip to Best Buy on kirkwood hwy. IMO they may need to rethink the store name. Maybe its just me but it seems like prices are creeping up in that place.
No Circuit City, no reason to even try keeping prices down.
They have new competition now--HHGregg and 6th Avenue Electronics
Yeah, but to me, they're a little bit different. I still don't get the feeling that they're "real stores" yet, despite HH being a national giant. The HH deal seems like you've been thrown in a shark tank -- with a bucket of blood dumped around you. Granted, several years ago, I used to get a similar feeling while walking around CC. The sales reps would follow you around, up to the "border" of their department -- where you were met by reps from the new area. So, maybe that was more of a "jail" feeling.
 #35101  by GatorDude

I got a great visual there! LOL

I recently got a great deal at HHG on a 42" LCD HDTV and a Blue-Ray player so I'm not complaining. I even ran the products through an app on my Blackberry that checks prices and they were well below the lowest price found too!
 #35103  by WPCatfish

CorBon wrote:
GatorDude wrote:
Yeah, but to me, they're a little bit different. I still don't get the feeling that they're "real stores" yet, despite HH being a national giant. The HH deal seems like you've been thrown in a shark tank -- with a bucket of blood dumped around you. Granted, several years ago, I used to get a similar feeling while walking around CC. The sales reps would follow you around, up to the "border" of their department -- where you were met by reps from the new area. So, maybe that was more of a "jail" feeling.

When I'm in a store for something like a game or DVD, that is annoying, but when I'm looking to buy a big ticket item, it would be nice to get a little attention from an employee without being made to feel like their doing you a favor.
 #35273  by Mr.Skellington

Real busy day today. Got lunch at Arby's near Newark. No problems.

From there I went to The Kitchen and Company near Christiana Hospital. While walking the isles I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned to see a customer with wide eyes locked on my XD and a mouth drooped open. I stopped and watched him until he un-craned his neck and his eyes met mine then went about my business again.

Quick stop at the Best Buy in same shopping center.

Then went to HHgregg near Christiana mall. Another customer came over to me and asked if this was a carry state. I told him it sure is and then asked where he was from. He was from MD so I gave my sympathy's and continued about my business.

Continuing my search I drove to 6th ave electronics. Not really worth the trip. Since I was in the area I did some shopping at Trader Joes, Staples, and a new kids toy store called Yoyo Joes.

On the way home I swung over to Total wine before picking up dinner at Domino's pizza on polly drummond rd.

Long, busy but nice OCing day.
 #35277  by wwd

Marginal diet day, but nice OC'ing day. :geek:
 #35279  by Mr.Skellington

wwd wrote:
When you meet me you'll see I have no need to diet :lol:

I would have preferred a nice meal prepared at home but that's what happens when you try to cram a weeks worth of stuff into one day. I can't wait to use my new kitchen items anyway.
 #35280  by Boots

Mr.Skellington wrote:
wwd wrote:
When you meet me you'll see I have no need to diet :lol: ....
I don't think he meant dieting to lose weight. Perhaps his comment regarded whether or not you were eating a balanced diet. ;)
 #35281  by wwd

Yeah...was referring to health.
 #35385  by Mr.Skellington

7-8-10
Lots of places again today. Staples, Office Max then HHGregg.

Later that evening I went to Marshall's then Prices Corner. At Price's Corner I stopped into Sears, Verizon, and Radioshack. The only place that gave an odd look was a sales woman at Radioshack. She was very helpful with the store items but at the checkout she had all sorts of questions like 'was I wearing my sidearm for work?' 'Have a license then?' complete with sarcastic 'ooookaaaay' stopping just shy of an eye roll when told it was for personal protection and in DE no license is needed.

Did grocery shopping at Acme in pike creek shopping center on the way home; no problems.