You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #35394  by Mr.Skellington

GatorDude wrote:At least she didn't ask" "Do you want all the money in the cash register?" :lol: ;)
I sure do :D
 #35653  by Mr.Skellington

July 18th

Breakfast at IHOP, trip to local park then slurpee's at 7-11. No problems.

From here on I'll add to this log whenever I go to a 'new' place or something is noteworthy rather than posting my mundane trips where nothing ever happens.

Initially I put all that in here so people new to OC could get an ideal that you can carry without a problem most anywhere on a daily basis but by now it should be clear.
 #35654  by GatorDude

I think people get comfort from seeing all the places where it is clear that OC'ing is not an issue.

Perhaps just saying: {name of business} - No problem. :D
 #35667  by Jeepflexin

Mr.Skellington wrote:July 18th

Breakfast at IHOP, trip to local park then slurpee's at 7-11. No problems.

From here on I'll add to this log whenever I go to a 'new' place or something is noteworthy rather than posting my mundane trips where nothing ever happens.

Initially I put all that in here so people new to OC could get an ideal that you can carry without a problem most anywhere on a daily basis but by now it should be clear.

That is basically what I am doing now. :)
 #36012  by Mr.Skellington

7-31-10 Notable encounter today.

I OC'd at the Christiana Mall with the wife. While I was walking through the mall I was approached by a Mall security supervisor and uniformed mall guard. He asked to speak with me for a minute in which he explained that OC, although legal in DE, is against mall policy and the Mall is private property. He also told me that there were signs posted at the mall entrances (which I missed coming in because I entered through the J.C. Penny's store).

I said that was fine and I respect private property rights, and that I would leave and take my business with me. As I left the Mall I exited through a Mall exit and looked for this new signage. It doesn't jump out at you but its there alright listed as an example of non-permitted things.

The sign said no firearms but the Supervisor was telling me that CCW would be fine :? . I'm no longer concerned since I won't be shopping at the mall (or anyplace with similar policies).
 #36015  by becauseican

What is the world coming to? I was just there not long ago and opened carried there and no real problems. BS i must say.
 #36017  by wwd

There's something not quite right here. Over the last few months, there's been talk of no OC at the mall, no-firearms notifications, then no policy, then a number of OC posts at the mall, now security stops, and verification of the no-firearms notificatons on private property.

I guess I'll continue to NOT go there. Sorry Amy.
 #36019  by Mr.Skellington

wwd wrote:There's something not quite right here. Over the last few months, there's been talk of no OC at the mall, no-firearms notifications, then no policy, then a number of OC posts at the mall, now security stops, and verification of the no-firearms notificatons on private property.

I guess I'll continue to NOT go there. Sorry Amy.
I went there because I was under the impression that the former no firearms signs were removed and there was no longer any policy against it. I either misread, misinterpreted or got bad information.

I remember recently reading other OC logs of trips to the Mall without incident as well. For the record I'm not interested in pushing the envelope and OCing at a (private) place that doesn't want firearms nor am I interested in supporting those establishments with my business.

I won't lose sleep over crossing the mall off my list of places I shop. I seldom go to that overpriced teeny-bop hangout anyway.