You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #35344  by GatorDude

I hardly ever OC. I usually CC.

Last night, however, I got my new Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Sig P229 and decided to just go for it!

I went to Home Depot in People's Plaza and was all around that place searching for lots of stuff. No problems whatsoever. Did self-checkout and the checkout watcher person made a point to wish me well as I prepared to depart. I had stopped a few employees along my travels to ask where I might find things as well and no issues.

Also made a quick stop into Rite Aid in People's Plaza. I was only there for a brief period because they didn't seem to have what I needed. No problems, but the front cashier seemed to have taken off somewhere and was nowhere to be seen when I was exiting. Hmmmmmm.

Boy was I nervous. I kept trying to keep in mind the things others have said on here like: just go about your business...you are probably thinking about the gun more than others are, you notice more than they do, etc. It's tough, but doable....
 #35349  by wwd

scampbell3 wrote: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Seconded!
 #35352  by Mr.Skellington

:o :o :o

:P
 #35358  by Jeepflexin

Good job! Prolly took me 15-20 times OC'ing before I started to think of it as "normal". I'm starting my cc adventure now and not even sure why other than it gives me an extra layer of protection.
 #35362  by GatorDude

scottese wrote:Why didn't you OC your AR? :shock: LOL
Can't find a holster for it anywhere! :o :lol:
 #35367  by RTMiller

GatorDude wrote:I got my new Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Sig P229
I just purchased a Sig P229 and I am looking for a holster. I would love to see a picture of yours. Can you post a picture? Thanks.
 #35370  by Condition1

GatorDude wrote:I hardly ever OC. I usually CC.

Last night, however, I got my new Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Sig P229 and decided to just go for it!

I went to Home Depot in People's Plaza and was all around that place searching for lots of stuff. No problems whatsoever. Did self-checkout and the checkout watcher person made a point to wish me well as I prepared to depart. I had stopped a few employees along my travels to ask where I might find things as well and no issues.

Also made a quick stop into Rite Aid in People's Plaza. I was only there for a brief period because they didn't seem to have what I needed. No problems, but the front cashier seemed to have taken off somewhere and was nowhere to be seen when I was exiting. Hmmmmmm.

Boy was I nervous. I kept trying to keep in mind the things others have said on here like: just go about your business...you are probably thinking about the gun more than others are, you notice more than they do, etc. It's tough, but doable....
Very cool! One thing I would like to add to your things to keep in mind is to watch your six. I do OC once in while but I get very nervous sometimes, not because of people seeing my gun and what not, but I feel that I am a target for the BG. I try to be aware of everything, everyone around me, my elbow close to my gun, no standing in line with my back to other people..... I wonder if others have these fellings as well????