You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #76224  by jslacker

Nothing new to report other than I still OC in most of my regular places, I'm finding myself getting in the habit of leaving my gun behind when I go places with my wife because transporting the gun in the car is kind of a hassle with both front seats occupied and the dash being off limits for other reasons....Im not really liking this having to leave my gun at home, I need to just save a few bucks up and finally bite the bullet so to speak and get my CCDW so I can just leave that sucker on my hip for car trips.
 #76249  by SeanM

jslacker wrote:Nothing new to report other than I still OC in most of my regular places, I'm finding myself getting in the habit of leaving my gun behind when I go places with my wife because transporting the gun in the car is kind of a hassle with both front seats occupied and the dash being off limits for other reasons....Im not really liking this having to leave my gun at home, I need to just save a few bucks up and finally bite the bullet so to speak and get my CCDW so I can just leave that sucker on my hip for car trips.
OK, so still coming up to speed on the wherefores & whys before we get out there next month...

If I OC (which I'll have to do until I get my CCDW), I'm not permitted to have it on my hip when I'm in the car?

Sean
 #76250  by jslacker

That is correct Sean. The two places that are acceptable, according to the AG's office, would be the dash or the passanger seat. The pistol needs to be in plain sight to be considered openly carried, depending on how you carry, sit in your car, wear your seatbelt, etc. the pistol could be considered concealed to an officer of the law. IANAL.
 #112575  by jslacker

Hey guys long time no talk to. How's everybody in DELOC been doing?