You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #43713  by GatorDude

Don't insult LEO's by associated TSA "agents" with them. TSA has nothing to do with law enforcement.
 #43714  by jslacker

Thats exactly what I was trying to say Gator, TSA agents are not up to par with LEO'S, thats why they are at the airport and not behind a "real" badge.
 #43752  by astro_wanabe

jslacker wrote:On an airport related side note: I understand the TSA has their job to do to ensure my safety and the safety of others, but come on some of the crap they do is a bit excessive. No offense to anyone here but I guess those type people could not make it as "a real" LEO so they end up as power tripping TSA agents
As soon as I learned about the "trusted shipper" program (which allows known and trusted shippers to inspect their cargo and have it loaded straight on passenger aircraft, without further inspection of each shipment at the airport) I gave up all hope that the TSA would be able to fully prevent an attack by a well-coordinated and well-funded organization. I have a hard time believing that each and EVERY "trusted" shipment is screened as thoroughly as my genitals, and then handled in a 100% secure manner from shipper to aircraft. There's simply too many steps and opportunities for tampering.

On an only slightly related note, I fully support allowing firearms back in the cabin compartment. With today's reinforced cockpit doors, the only real threat is a bomb or other catastrophic failure of the aicraft's structural integrity. Hijackings with guns, knives, etc. are a thing of the past (assuming security procedures for when the door is opened in-flight are followed).
 #43819  by jslacker

OC'd yesterday to the ShopRite on Rt 4, it was way too busy there so we decided to go to the grocery store in Peoples Plaza. I do not recall the name of this store. Nobody seemed scared of the guy with the gun as we made our way around the store. An uneventful OC experience to say the least, just the way I like it.
 #43843  by GatorDude

That's a Safeway in People's Plaza. I've carried many times in there both OC and CC.
 #45024  by jslacker

Saturday, February 19, 2011,

OC'd to dinner at the Applebees on rt 40 in front of the movie theater. I dont know if its just because I dont give the idea of OC and a man with a gun a second thought, or if people just dont notice as much anymore.... Not that thats a bad thing :)
 #45025  by jslacker

dave_in_delaware wrote:
scampbell3 wrote:
jslacker wrote:SN: How does everyone handle getting in and out of your car while OCing? Whats your procedure?
I am going to make the assumption that you are referring to those who do not have a CCDW, correct?
Well, he did specify "while OCing" so I'm going to assume he meant for OCing without a CCDW. If you have a CCDW then obviously it wouldn't matter.

When I'm getting into my vehicle, I simply get into my seat, unholster my gun and put it on the passenger seat. If someone is sitting in the passenger seat then I put it on the dash. Many people have devised ways to mount a holster on the dash. I used adhesive-backed Velcro on the dash and holster to make the "system" removable. I'd rather not drill holes or screw stuff into my dash.....
Dredging up an old post, but it needs to be done.... my personal choice is to not have a holster on the dash, mostly because of the high profile it creates. So what I have devised since I mostly ride shotgun is I put the gun un-holstered on the dash all the way to the right in the corner directly in front of me in the passenger seat. I further secured it from sliding all around by placing a suction mounted GPS mount low on the windshield creating a block from the gun sliding to the left or flying off of the dashboard. Do you think in the eyes of the law that this is in the open enough or do you think the GPS mount would obstruct it from view too much? I will try to post pictures if I can a bit later. If I am driving (usually if I am driving its solo) I just put the un-holstered gun on the seat next to me.
 #45027  by George

jslacker wrote:I tell you, it felt great to return from vacation and be able to strap my Glock to my side! After about a week in Vegas carrying only my Gerber folder it felt nice to be back in a state that is OC friendly. Although due to the weather event we had in Philadelphia I did learn that North Carolina is an OC friendly state, also learned that the local police department in Raleigh-Durham carry Glock 21's! However, having to stay over and sleep in the airport for a day was not the way that I would have liked to discover that NC was a OC state. I did feel odd a great deal of the trip without my G17, especially later at night, but this is just a bigger pusher to get my CC license. On an airport related side note: I understand the TSA has their job to do to ensure my safety and the safety of others, but come on some of the crap they do is a bit excessive. No offense to anyone here but I guess those type people could not make it as "a real" LEO so they end up as power tripping TSA agents

OC'd to the Best Buy by Red Lobster and The Olive Garden in Christiana after we returned to go pick up the laptop from the Geek Squad there. I was inside for about and hour or so while they reinstalled some stuff. I had no problems but, did at more than one occassion have a group of employees approach me and ask if I needed any help finding anything. I wonder if they felt "strength in numbers" or if they grouped up because it was not that busy and they had nothing else better to do.
http://www.opencarry.org/nv.html
opencarry.org has Nevada listed as a gold rated open carry state

Nevada

Summary
Nevada is a traditional open carry state with complete state preemption of firearms laws. However, Clark County is grandfathered so as to continue a "Deadly Weapons" registration scheme. Fortunately, Nevada law exempts travelers to and through Nevada from these registration requirements for 60 days.
 #45879  by jslacker

OC'd last night to the Shoprite on Rt 4, not a look except from a little boy who was just in front of the wife and I on our shopping route throughout the store. I overheard him telling his mom and sister, "He's gotta gun." Another isle over he asks his mom "Why does he have a gun? Maybe hes a cop?" The mother replied "Well maybe he is sweety, who knows."

Also had dinner at the Red Robin on Rt. 40 after taking the groceries home. Decided to make a night of it and take the in-laws with us to celebrate my father in laws 50th birthday. My brother in law carried his 1911 with him out to dinner as well. Nobody seemed to notice or care about us being armed while we ate or dinner.
 #45927  by GatorDude

A lot of people have OC'd in Red Robin without any problem. I have myself.

We had a monthly meeting at the one off of Rt. 273 too.