You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #48082  by Boots

jslacker wrote:
Boots wrote: EAT
Yeah no kidding. Thats what most of my friends know it as. If I say, "I'm going to Borders." They think I need to go pick up some new books or something. ....
To eliminate confusion, just call it "Border Cafe". ;)

http://www.bordercafe.com/
 #48084  by GatorDude

Boots wrote:
jslacker wrote:
Boots wrote: EAT
Yeah no kidding. Thats what most of my friends know it as. If I say, "I'm going to Borders." They think I need to go pick up some new books or something. ....
To eliminate confusion, just call it "Border Cafe". ;)

You know...the place with the big EAT sign outside..... :sparring: :lol: :pbjtime:
 #48087  by knohope

Yes. Good stuff there. My wife and kids call it "EATs" because of the sign out front. It's our own little inside joke. "We're going to EATs tonight, bring your appetite."
 #48092  by Boots

GatorDude wrote:
Boots wrote:To eliminate confusion, just call it "Border Cafe". ;)

You know...the place with the big EAT sign outside..... :sparring: :lol: :pbjtime:
Si, Si, amigo! :mrgreen:
 #48555  by jslacker

OC'd last night to the Hibachi buffet in Peoples Plaza as it was my intent to have dinner there. However when we arrived we circled the parking lot for about 5 minutes just looking for a spot. We really wanted the Hibachi buffet so we decided to park a distance away and just walk to the restraunt. We found a spot around the corner in front of Rugged Wearhouse and decided to poke around in there and the Dollar Store in hopes that some of the crowding would go away over at the buffet. Nobody said anything to me about the G17 as we were looking around in Rugged Wearhouse or the Dollar Store, but I think I noticed an associate come from the front of the store at Rugged Wearhouse check out my gun and walk back to the front of the store to fill in the rest of the employees at the counter that I had a gun. As we walked from our window shopping in the direction to the restraunt I got plenty of googley eyes and double takes from the high school kids and younger kids that had the area flooded because of the movie theater on a Saturday night. When we arrived at the buffet it was still a wait to be seated, so we just decided to head back home and frequent the PANDA chineese restraunt in Fox Run(I love panda meat so sweet!! HAHA). Just a glance a piece from the patrons in PANDA waiting for their orders to come up. The wife said that she thinks one of the backline employees took note and advised the rest of his buddies in the back that I was armed by making the gun shape with his hand and made a holstering motion a few times. As I was paying for our food the owner was ringing us out and engaged in conversation with me in regards to my gun. From what I was able to decipher from his broken English is that he thaught I was pretty brazen to carry a gun out in the open and I should have it covered for my own safety. His logic for this was that people were jealous? Im not quites sure what he meant by people are jealous or if that’s even the word that he was trying to use. He told me about a friend or somebody he had heard of Ocing and was spotted by a black guy (his words not mine) and said that he should take that gun off or not come back around him wearing it or he will shoot him. Now from how I understood this story the "black guy" must have been a "gangster" type and was trying to exert some sort of type A territorial dominance, and felt threatened by the site of a citizen not weak enough to be preyed on by him… IDK. Now do you think any sane person would see another person with a gun and tell that person that you are going to shoot them? That just sounds nuts to me and reminds me of that YouTube video of that man Ocing his AK in Michigan I believe (he said that people actually stopped as they were passing him on the road to yell at him and tell him how crazy he was for having a gun. He didn’t think it was too smart for somebody to hostily confront somebody with a gun either). So back to the PANDA store owner, he goes on to say that its ok in Delaware to not have it covered…. Gee really? I didn’t think going into the whole OC is legal and why I carry speech would have been very fruitful due to the language barrier so I just smiled politley, paid for my food and went on my way.
 #48558  by Boots

jslacker wrote:... So back to the PANDA store owner, he goes on to say that its ok in Delaware to not have it covered…. Gee really? I didn’t think going into the whole OC is legal and why I carry speech would have been very fruitful due to the language barrier so I just smiled politley, paid for my food and went on my way.
That would have been a perfect time to give him a DELOC business card and let him know he could get information there about DE gun laws, and what was legal and what was not legal.

You can't blame the guy; he just doesn't know what the laws are.

Perhaps in the future you can drop one off for him. I get my cards from Dave at the monthly meetings. :mrgreen:
 #48590  by Dr. Eastwood

jslacker wrote: Now from how I understood this story the "black guy" must have been a "gangster" type and was trying to exert some sort of type A territorial dominance, and felt threatened by the site of a citizen not weak enough to be preyed on by him… IDK.
In a confrontation the man (or women) with the quickest access to their weapon will have the edge. Just sayin' ;)
 #49035  by jslacker

Thursday, April 14th, 2011

OC'd today to Borders Cafe for an early dinner. I didn’t notice ant lookey loos, However the wife said she noticed a younger bus boy constantly checking out my sidearm as I sat at our table. I did not notice this guy starring so blatently as my back was towards him, but from what I was told he made it a point to tell all of his coworkers and to stop and check it out everytime he stopped by. I said to my wife maybe he has never seen a gun before or maybe he has never seen a civillian Ocing…. Dinner was uneventful other than the deliciouos food. Off to Shop Rite on Rt. 4 on the way home from dinner. As we begin shopping we were cut off by two rude individuals who cut directly in front of us making a B-line towards the door. The wife and I both shake our heads and continue shopping commenting on how rude they were and how close they came to being ran down by the shopping cart by her lol. We walk maybe 15ft and we see these two individuals getting ushered into the loss prevention office quite quickly and forcibly. No wonder they were trying to get to the door so quickly, they had just got done using their five finger discount!! The only other encounter I had other than the occasional "he has a gun" "he has a BB gun" (yes somebody actually thought I was Ocing a BB gun) comments was when we I turned down an isle and a gentleman got my attention and called me over to him, and the conversation went something like this. "Hey man!" Me not noticing keep going about my business. "Excuse me sir, Sir!" I notice him now and go see what he wants. "Where did you get those?" Me not exactly sure what he was reffering too look down toward my Glock and say, "Get what?" He goes on to say "Your shoes man, my son would love those, his birthday is coming up" "Where did you get them?" How surprised was I that he wanted to know about my shoes and did not even mention my pistol. So after I told him where he could find a pair he went on his way and in closing said, "I was going to wish you luck but…" I guess he was insinuating that since I don’t need or make my own luck because I OC. Always something to put in my log when I go to that ShopRite.
 #49046  by Boots

jslacker wrote:... two rude individuals who cut directly in front of us making a B-line towards the door. ... We walk maybe 15ft and we see these two individuals getting ushered into the loss prevention office quite quickly and forcibly. ....
See what happens when you won't show your receipt!

:lol: