You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #49048  by allischalmersman

Yes that's right. And since he said they rudely made a beeline for the door I'm betting they were not calmly walking toward the door directly from the cashier with bagged goods.... ;)
 #49056  by jslacker

:sparring: oh here we go :lol:
 #49061  by Amy Blackthorn

jslacker wrote:Thursday, April 14th, 2011 Always something to put in my log when I go to that ShopRite.
Boy am I glad I don't work at that ShopRite anymore. ;)
 #49587  by jslacker

Had an uneventful OC today. Went to Xring after my eye exam and fondled some pistols, nobody at the gun store freaked at the sight of my Glock... Go figure :lol:
 #50732  by jslacker

I took the Glock someplace new today so I figured a log update was in order. I was having some issues with my transmission jerking and lurching on the way home from work yesterday, so today I went to Benchmark Transmissions next to X-Ring. I got there right around opening so it was just me there. The gentleman that helped me, Dante, was a a great help, and I didn't notice if he noticed that I had my Glock on me.

On a side note: if you ever have any problems with your trans I would highly recommend this place. No charge for the diagnosis or the advice given. Although I am not the only person who thinks highly of this place, just check out some of the testimonials on their site.
 #50807  by jslacker

Ok ladies and gents, on my 7 month and 1 day anniversary of my first OC I got my first MWAG call. I was shopping at the shoprite on rt4 as i normally do in the middle of the week, and as I was checking out out comes a DST from the security office. He (Corporal Lukah) came over to me and said Im here because not everybody knows the law and I was called out because you have a weapon on your hip. He also said Im sure this has happened to you before, luckily it hasnt. He seemed annoyed that he even had to come out for a person lawfully OCing a firearm. He asked for my ID as I was finishing up my checkout and went out to his cruiser to run it as I finished up inside. He came back in and gave me my ID back and asked to speak to me outside when I was done. So I finish up and meet the officer outside and he just explained to me why he came out and why he ran my ID and that he didnt know who called the police but he had to come and check it out. I said I understood and shook his hand and went on about my business. All in all the whole experience lasted maybe 5 minutes.
 #50810  by GatorDude

Eventually maybe the police will learn that they don't have the right or the obligation to stop you, detain you, ask for you ID, etc. :o
 #50812  by myopicvisionary

He asked for my ID as I was finishing up my checkout and went out to his cruiser to run it as I finished up inside. He came back in and gave me my ID back and asked to speak to me outside when I was done. So I finish up and meet the officer outside
The trooper asked for his ID, did NOT disarm him and even let him conclude his businees while waiting outside. Sounds like the trooper was merely going through the motions since there obviously was no threat. I'm sure the unseen sheep felt good about that. The point is that the trooper knew OC is legal and didn't harrass him. Sounds like great progress to me.
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Thu May 12, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.