You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #38842  by jslacker

dave_in_delaware wrote: I'd like to extend an open invitation to you, jslacker, since you're in Bear, too. If you'd like to OC somewhere more public, let me know. I'll join you. I know that it's a little intimidating to OC in public places at first, because you feel like you have a neon sign pointing at you that you have a gun. Being with someone else who is carrying might help you get used to it a little easier. Let me know. I'm sure others will extend the same invitiation out to you.
Thanks for that Dave I think I am going to take you up on that offer soon if I can. That is really gracious of you! :D

To those of you who were curious: according to the NNCPD News Release page, they were in my neighborhood investigating a stabbing of a homeless person who was "looking for a place to spend the night" when she was stabbed by a woman she had an argument with several weeks prior. I am under the impression that this story is a bit on the fictitious side of things. However, you can never be sure about these things.

At any rate, I'm glad to know that if anything were to happen that I do have the necessary tools to protect myself and my family. :D
 #38843  by jslacker

GatorDude wrote: Why invite trouble? Of course, you were not doing anything wrong either way.
And this is exactly why I was conflicted on if I should carry or not in this situation. :?
 #38844  by GatorDude

jslacker wrote:
GatorDude wrote: Why invite trouble? Of course, you were not doing anything wrong either way.
And this is exactly why I was conflicted on if I should carry or not in this situation. :?
Understood. However, "trouble" does not necessary mean you were doing anything wrong. You were actually worried about the attention that you may garner by having a firearm. It's the "neon sign" problem.....
 #38852  by WPCatfish

Handgun might not have been enough to protect you from the allged perps...

Investigators are attempting to identify the two women who are described as follows:
• A “heavy set” black female, 280 -300 pounds, short curly black hair, “boyish looking.”
• A “heavy set” black female, 300-310 pounds, with pulled back black hair in ponytail.
 #38853  by jslacker

yeah no kidding fish! my wife and I were joking about that this morning. those were some big girls!
 #38854  by GatorDude

That might have required multiple rounds easy..... :pointlaugh:
 #38895  by jslacker

OC'D today in broad daylight, running errand around the apt. complex ie: dog walking, taking trash out, straightenin up out back... that sorta thing. not too many people out so OC was uneventful, good
 #38908  by stephpd

jslacker wrote:OC'D today in broad daylight, running errand around the apt. complex ie: dog walking, taking trash out, straightenin up out back... that sorta thing. not too many people out so OC was uneventful, good
Might be time to change your thread title to jslacker's OC log.
 #38910  by jslacker

;) yup, thanks
 #39405  by jslacker

:?: Does anybody know if the IHOP in Fox Run shopping center is OC friendly or not? My brother and I are planning brunch tomorrow and want to OC publicly finally.