You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #41797  by SCUBA9097

radnor wrote:Will have to post info on the next Women on Target class. Guessing 1st quarter 2011. Women teaching women. Maybe that will help too.
Actually, we have a program that is designed to introduce women to shooting. It's called Ladies Night Out at the Range. If you guys are interested in it, we could set one up for DelOC "associated" women. There's no charge for it, they just have to pay for their range time and ammunition.
 #41798  by Mr.Skellington

SCUBA9097 wrote:
radnor wrote:Will have to post info on the next Women on Target class. Guessing 1st quarter 2011. Women teaching women. Maybe that will help too.
Actually, we have a program that is designed to introduce women to shooting. It's called Ladies Night Out at the Range. If you guys are interested in it, we could set one up for DelOC "associated" women. There's no charge for it, they just have to pay for their range time and ammunition.
That sounds like it'd be a fun and great way to get those reluctant significant others more involved. My wife might be more inclined to try something like that rather than one of my trips to the range.
 #41805  by SCUBA9097

Mr.Skellington wrote: That sounds like it'd be a fun and great way to get those reluctant significant others more involved. My wife might be more inclined to try something like that rather than one of my trips to the range.
The program has been very popular with women interested in exploring the shooting sports. Most people don't realize that due to a whole range of dynamics, it can actually be counter-productive when a someone tries to teach a loved one how to shoot.

Here's an article written by "Cornered Cat" that says it better than I ever could:

http://www.corneredcat.com/Teaching/wife.aspx
 #41821  by bluedog46

as screwed up as this world is i think our other ( maybe better lol) halves should know about guns. My wife was dead set about it but now is a gun packing mama grizzly.

when i wrote to the owner of xring thanking her for the help i recieved and how at ease my wife was made to feell they mentioned about liking it when guys bring wives or GFs to the store. You have to protect yourself. Look at that strangler that is praying on women around philly.
 #41826  by zencat

SCUBA9097 wrote: The program has been very popular with women interested in exploring the shooting sports. Most people don't realize that due to a whole range of dynamics, it can actually be counter-productive when a someone tries to teach a loved one how to shoot.

Here's an article written by "Cornered Cat" that says it better than I ever could:

http://www.corneredcat.com/Teaching/wife.aspx
Thanks for that reference, Ted...ordered the book for wife for Christmas gift...

zencat 8-)
 #49709  by Christopher518

I have been OCing since the last post. I just haven't OCed as much because of being in school full time. I really wish you were able to OC at Delaware Tech. When I have OCed I haven't had any interesting encounters but I have had a few people ask if I was LEO and I explained that I was not. I also went on to tell them (the ones who cared to hear) that a citizen of Delaware can open carry legally without a license. I also let them know about Deloc and informed them of the nice people on the site and all of the information available.

With summer rolling around and not being in school 5 days a week I will be exercising my right a lot more. I hope over the summer to finally get my CCDW.