You may start a topic here for an Open Carry Log -- a place to relay places and any events which may occur.
 #45850  by Dr. Eastwood

Went out after doing wife and kids day to get stuff for our wife and husband night. Headed to Pathmark, picked up some groceries. Not a stare or double take from the staff, but this one guy walking behind me tried to do a "discreet" 180 to look at my gun as he walked by. After that I put my groceries in the truck and walked back to Peddlers to pick up some alcohol. Once again, not a peep, but I switched sides of the register as I was being rung up due to someone standing uncomfortably close to my right side. Twas' a good night out, made up for the other night.. 8-)
 #46527  by Dr. Eastwood

Went to Shoprite on Rt. 4 before picking up Chinese in the same shopping center. As I was perusing two-liters these two adolescents, one tween and what looked like a 16 year old walked down the aisle for no reason other than to stare at my sidearm. I ignored them and continued shopping. All around the store they kept popping up and staring. Every time I caught them they feigned interest in what was the first thing in the aisle they were closest two. I was surprised they didn't say anything. Oh well, missed a chance to give a friendly informative talk on open carry.
 #46550  by jslacker

I OC in that shoprite often, I feel its absolutely necessary in that area.
 #46573  by Dr. Eastwood

Yeah. At one time it was the neighborhoods around the center that were the problem, but they've cleaned those up and now all that's left is the rabble that makes it's great migration from Kimberton to the shopping centers on welfare check day. I want to build a big wall around Kimberton and just level Brookside shopping center. Crime in the area would plummet.
 #46578  by jslacker

Yeah, I used to live in Whispering Pines, its the townhouses just across the way from Kimberton... and it was not a nice place to live, luckily we made good with some of the local "higher ranking" hoods when we first moved in and because of that our home and cars were never messed with. Although they did burn a car out just down the street from us...
 #46758  by Dr. Eastwood

jslacker wrote:Yeah, I used to live in Whispering Pines, its the townhouses just across the way from Kimberton... and it was not a nice place to live, luckily we made good with some of the local "higher ranking" hoods when we first moved in and because of that our home and cars were never messed with. Although they did burn a car out just down the street from us...
Yeah, I just don't go in that neighborhood, ever, and if I have to, I will be armed.
 #46827  by Dr. Eastwood

Went to Big Lots in New Castle to pick up a new recliner. Had two friendly encounters with patrons who were surprised to find that I wasn't employed with anyone, and that I did not need a permit to open carry. Very positive experience, and the recliner's comfy too!
 #47643  by Dr. Eastwood

Have OC'd for some time in the past few days around the neighborhood while taking my daughter out on her power wheel, then to Shoprite a couple times. Had to leave my side arm at home for the rest of the time though, busy with fire company business and Del Tech. Not a single head whip or eye boggle.
 #47908  by Dr. Eastwood

Oc'd to pick up some dinner at WaWa. Got into a positive conversation with another person who didn't know it was legal to OC. Apparently he worked at a security company that issued weapons for each shift and took them back when it was over. he thought he needed a permit to own a gun in DE. Nothing other than that, I'm sure they've seen much weirder in Wawa before.
 #48934  by Dr. Eastwood

I don't know if this is an encounter, but as I was edging the sidewalk earlier this morning (obviously armed), an older gentleman on a scooter whizzed to a stop behind me. When I saw he'd stopped I expected a scolding about firearms. Instead he asked me if I "had my permit" to which I replied I didn't need one. Here's where I expected the scolding, but instead his next sentence was "You don't? I didn't think you could once you got your concealed carry permit." I told him yes, you could, and this is where the twist is. He gingerly pulled out what looked like an ancient S&W .38 special from the fanny pack wrapped around his handle bars and to showed it to me, and we then spent the next 20 minutes talking about Concealed Carry permits, Smith and Wessons, and his days with the Wilmington Police Department.

I have such interesting neighbors. :)